Bulding an HT for Under 75k!

paritosh

Hi Friends,

I'm on the path to building an HT for my 17x12 living room. I started off with Onkyo 3400 in mind and ended up with this budget! The reason being I visiting Ahemedabad where I heard the floor standers. I was floored by the clarity and sound stage of those FS. I felt no sub+sat pkg can come at par with them. So, now I'm in a great dilema!

I do not want to spend more than 75k for AVR+Speakers and still want the best of the towers. I had an idea of going for 3400 which would cost me around 25k and spend 50k for floor standers! Is this a good idea? (I believe the power could be an issue)

Another option is to go for Dennon 1311 which would leave me with 50 for the entire speaker set. I guess the Yamaha center + surround pkg will come very cheap. I can also compromise on the sub as well (may be go for a 10k sub if avasilable, I don't know if there is one though).

My preference would be 50-50 for music and movies with the rider that I want the best for the music as that is what going to be played for about an hour and half daily, while movies would be 2-3 max per week. Thus, the usage would be same but freqency would be highly tilted towards music. My music listening revolves around Jagjit Singh, Yanni and Bollywood numbers by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Atif, Mohit and like...

Pls do suggest and comment on the options I've mentioned.

Cheers,
Paritosh

any help??????? please?????

i'm really really confused and need to know your opinions....

common..... i'm looking foreward to you on this

hi
wiith ur given space u can go for Denon 1611 with yamha Nsp7900 floor speakers/Ns7900 centre and surround , Sub - velodyne impact 10 . this pack you can get in ur budget..

Denon 1311 is a basic in its series , 1611 is much advanced and better in performance.

is it a std rate to go for 1611?!!!??
, according to ProFX website, 1311 comes at 24900 while 1611 at 31900. considering a 15p.c. discount, 1611 will cost around 27800! where have you come across a 1611 @ less than 25k?

Consider buying Onkyo 9300THX - it is a package HTS. Read my review of the same here on the forum. I think you should get it for about 75k, if you bargain well - if you are staying in Hyderabad that is - check prices in your city and audition it.

my trusted onkyo dealer (who is also a member of this forum) DENIED me to have this sytem. the reason being it being a THX compatible pkg, it will be very demmanding on placement and accoustic environmrnt part which is tricky to achieve in my Living (17x12) + dinining (12x12) room.

my trusted onkyo dealer (who is also a member of this forum) DENIED me to have this sytem. the reason being it being a THX compatible pkg, it will be very demmanding on placement and accoustic environmrnt part which is tricky to achieve in my Living (17x12) + dinining (12x12) room.

interesting. I have a similar room size as you have - my HT consultant is pushing me to buy this one. Could you please, elaborate on the 'it being tricky' part?

also, the Onkyo HTS9300 is THX I/S Plus certified - which is a THX ceritification for small room, where the viewing distance is about 8ft or less. Now, for this certification, whatever constraints it has, placing it in a room of your size - logically, I don't see too many issues.

is it a std rate to go for 1611?!!!??
, according to ProFX website, 1311 comes at 24900 while 1611 at 31900. considering a 15p.c. discount, 1611 will cost around 27800! where have you come across a 1611 @ less than 25k?

Prices of denon avrs have decreased. Denon 1611 is appx 24.5k and 1311 is available for appx 19k. Please check the prices thread http://www.hifivision.com/surround-amplifiers-receivers/15250-avr-pricelist-11.html

I got a quote of 24750/- from a dealer with free shipping.

@fedex.... according to my local Onkyo dealer, all THX certified products require a controlled environment to perform at its best (in plain words, a properly acaustically treated dedicated home theater room). this notion' though correct for all AV products, is more relavant to THX complying ones as they are specifically designed for their peak performance under such conditions. unless it is used under these norms, there is no point wasting extra bucks for THX certified product.

i guess, I'll be keeping aside 25k for AVR. now, pls tell me which 5.1 speaker set to go for....the set should include a good pair of towers ofcourse.

any suggestions??? as i mentioned previously, i can compromise with sub and surrounds (i.e. get those components of the lowest suitable range)

i've got a quote of 98.8k for Yamaha
NS555 + NS444 + NS333 + SW135 + RXV371
i'm thinking of keeping the NS555 and going for velodyne impact10 for sub and NSP60 for cent + surround. avr i may get ennon 1611. is this a good idea?

i guess, I'll be keeping aside 25k for AVR. now, pls tell me which 5.1 speaker set to go for....the set should include a good pair of towers ofcourse.

any suggestions??? as i mentioned previously, i can compromise with sub and surrounds (i.e. get those components of the lowest suitable range)

A HFV member posted that Reliance Digital is selling Jamo S606 5.0 for 30K. Jamo sub should cost around 15K. You have a 5.1 with FS for 45K. Try to get an audition of this HT before buying.

no reliance digital here man....

btw. Polk TSI300 + TSi100 + CS10 + PSW125 would cost around 50k as per ProFX website. How do you think they compare with... say Yamaha NS555 or Wharfs Obsidion?

I've heard only Polk, that too a sub-sat package. Didn't like it at all, too bright for my taste. Not sure about their floor standers.

you must be refering to RM6750.

well, have tried Jamo 102? they are quite good. Also try Anthony Gallow spheares... and Boston sattelites and Focal 5.1 pkg

you must be refering to RM6750.

Yes, that's the one.

well, have tried Jamo 102? they are quite good. Also try Anthony Gallow spheares... and Boston sattelites and Focal 5.1 pkg

I've got Cambridge Audio S30 for fronts now. In a dilemma whether I should buy the remaining stuff from the same series or get a 5.1 for time being. Heard a lot about Jamo A102, but couldn't get a demo for that.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back