Subwoofer suggestions - SVS or any alternative

I was searching for SVS subs in this forum and saw that till even 2018/19, the prices for SB1000 and PB1000 were around 40-50k. But now when I google I see prices hovering around 1.25L!! Is this the actual price of the sub now? I really like the reviews for those subs and would ideally want something similar.

I'm looking for a sub for my 10x15 feet room. Requirements are mainly for music, movies would be a nice bonus since I do have my amp hooked to the TV.
My speaker (Mission QX2) and amp (Marantz PM6007) combo cost me around 70k. I was really hoping to keep my subwoofer spend to 40-50k-ish max. What suggestions do you have?
And kindly suggest any decent dealer in Delhi for the best prices! Thanks a bunch

I was searching for SVS subs in this forum and saw that till even 2018/19, the prices for SB1000 and PB1000 were around 40-50k. But now when I google I see prices hovering around 1.25L!! Is this the actual price of the sub now? I really like the reviews for those subs and would ideally want something similar.

I'm looking for a sub for my 10x15 feet room. Requirements are mainly for music, movies would be a nice bonus since I do have my amp hooked to the TV.
My speaker (Mission QX2) and amp (Marantz PM6007) combo cost me around 70k. I was really hoping to keep my subwoofer spend to 40-50k-ish max. What suggestions do you have?
And kindly suggest any decent dealer in Delhi for the best prices! Thanks a bunch
Prices have sky rocketed from 2019.

Absolutely insane. Will they ever stabilize?

Hi

Have not seen prices drop since CV19. The best option now at the moment is to go the PRE OWNED route which most have taken if you are on a fixed budget and want the best bang for the buck!

Polk HTS10 and HTS12 are also good subs, you should audition them. There are also ample good subwoofers available over OLX, sometimes in Classifieds section of this website and even FaceBook Market Place.

All the best!

there is one sale here too if specific SVS only , if you like you can try connect & make proper deal .
Cautions when dealing online n making payment.
If you are ok with other brand you can connect to love4sound he is selling his Rythmik FVX12. which one of the best for music & movies.
happy hunting...

there is one sale here too if specific SVS only , if you like you can try connect & make proper deal .
Cautions when dealing online n making payment.
If you are ok with other brand you can connect to love4sound he is selling his Rythmik FVX12. which one of the best for music & movies.
happy hunting...
I am definitely open to other options. Just need to add some oomph to my stereo setup.

Hi

Have not seen prices drop since CV19. The best option now at the moment is to go the PRE OWNED route which most have taken if you are on a fixed budget and want the best bang for the buck!

Polk HTS10 and HTS12 are also good subs, you should audition them. There are also ample good subwoofers available over OLX, sometimes in Classifieds section of this website and even FaceBook Market Place.

All the best!
Will the 10 inch version be enough?

Will the 10 inch version be enough?

Ideally should be, depends on what bass you want from the subwoofer? Presence or rattling type! I use my sub to deliver the missing frequencies which the front speakers cant deliver. There is a good level of punch. I don't want my neighbours pounding at my door to lower the volume due to vibrating shaking bass.

End of the day it all depends on individual preferences.

Ideally should be, depends on what bass you want from the subwoofer? Presence or rattling type! I use my sub to deliver the missing frequencies which the front speakers cant deliver. There is a good level of punch. I don't want my neighbours pounding at my door to lower the volume due to vibrating shaking bass.

Presence is the main preference. Neighbours aren't a big issue for now but the main thing I want is good sounding thumps from drums and twang from bass guitars.

Based on subs I have tried so far for stereo I would recommend
i) KEF - Have owned the R400B & have listened to a friend's KC62 , for a 10*15 room both will work great. R400B used was around this budget but hard to find & KC62 is outside yours . Has presence & can rattle too if needed but not as tactile as rhytmik.

ii) Rhytmik - A sealed L12 would most likely be the perfect candidate. Considering even the fvx12 does very good for music , the sealed subs would do even better IMO.

iii) REL - The sub touted for presence by all owners. Unfortunately never owned or tried one , but is something I would love to give a go in my setup in future. T7X/T9X are the recommended ones.

I would recommend something on lines of above , most subs in 50k new range are nice but are darn hard to get properly setup in stereo

Our Indian constructions are usually robust enough to shield vibrations. It'll take an earthquake of a subwoofer (and not the brand) to be even mildly audible or transmit vibrations to the floors above/ below.

Our Indian constructions are usually robust enough to shield vibrations. It'll take an earthquake of a subwoofer (and not the brand) to be even mildly audible or transmit vibrations to the floors above/ below.

Well my friend I stay in south Mumbai and here there are bldgs which are over 50 to 80 years old. Rooms / Flats are next to each other. Space is a big premium in south mumbai.

Constructions differ from builder to builder depending on the available area and budget.

The new flats which are available in other parts of Mumbai are built with the latest requirements. Old bldgs like the one I live in dont have that and redevelopment whenever it happens would probably ensure the latest mandated requirements for construction.

While have been playing loud music since my college days, (25+ years back), I need to obviously mellow down where I can considering others.

Presence is the main preference. Neighbours aren't a big issue for now but the main thing I want is good sounding thumps from drums and twang from bass guitars.

Get a sealed Subwoofer which should work well. 12 inch would be better. Although an 8 inch should work for me in the limited space I had, tried all subs from 8 to 10 and then 12 inch which meets my expectations and requirements in a compact spacing.

If you mostly listen to music than movies, sealed is the way to go. You can look at Rel, Rythmik, psb sub series etc. Pro audio subwoofer might not have the extension but slams nicely.

Something is wrong with avshack?
He is blacklisted by majority brands for his practices, he often lists old prices of products to get the required attention and customer. ZERO customer service, takes his own sweet time to deal with issue at hand once sale is made, unresponsive to phone calls.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back