Mission QX-12 (MKII) subwoofer with Mission QX-2 speakers for music?

Is the QX-12 sub (42k on vplak) a good match with the QX-2 speakers? I really want to add a sub to my setup because the QX-2 just doesn't do thump well enough for my liking. My room size is 12x10 feet or so.

I have heard good things about Rythmik L12 and Rel (model not sure) but these seem to be mad expensive (more than my speaker+amp+streamer combo). What other models do you suggest in the 50k budget for music? And any place in Delhi to audition them? I would rather not go the second hand route.

I don't really care about hip-hop much but I'm really particular about bass guitars and bass drums sounding great. The QX-2 does incredibly with modern music most times but even after a few years of using it the bass thump is slightly disappointing.

I feel I've spent a lot of money on my gear already (I know its pennies by audiophile standards) but after hearing room shaking bass using 25k soundbars (i know i know it's artificial and muddy) I really crave for some bass improvement.

Is the QX-12 sub (42k on vplak) a good match with the QX-2 speakers? I really want to add a sub to my setup because the QX-2 just doesn't do thump well enough for my liking. My room size is 12x10 feet or so.

I have heard good things about Rythmik L12 and Rel (model not sure) but these seem to be mad expensive (more than my speaker+amp+streamer combo). What other models do you suggest in the 50k budget for music? And any place in Delhi to audition them? I would rather not go the second hand route.

I don't really care about hip-hop much but I'm really particular about bass guitars and bass drums sounding great. The QX-2 does incredibly with modern music most times but even after a few years of using it the bass thump is slightly disappointing.

I feel I've spent a lot of money on my gear already (I know its pennies by audiophile standards) but after hearing room shaking bass using 25k soundbars (i know i know it's artificial and muddy) I really crave for some bass improvement.
Please check before buy from.vpalk. and you can check Klipsch sw120 and Polk hts 12 also.

Around 50K, I think polk hts 10 will be good, or around 65K, hts 12 will be good. They are decent subs, as I experienced. or check out Big America Subs, but I don't know much about them. If you want a used one, look here in the classifieds; there is a Polk HT-12 for sale.

here it is

Check out https://avshack.in/ for decent prices, and maybe you can audition in their shops.
Isn't the Polk sub ported? Don't folks encourage buying sealed subs here?

I am shocked knowing the QX2 doesn't deliver bass,
This speaker had crazy bass and low end grunt whenever I have heard this at my friends place.

What amp are you driving this with ?

I am shocked knowing the QX2 doesn't deliver bass,
This speaker had crazy bass and low end grunt whenever I have heard this at my friends place.

What amp are you driving this with ?
It's got prodigious bass. My current set of QX-2 and PM6006 has been lent out to a friend who's running it in a 20 x 16 room and the bass is full and impactful - to say he's pleased as a punch is an understatement, he's thrilled!

I took him to the Genelec SAM center in Gurgaon recently and after experiencing it, he firmly believes that his resident set sounds better 😂

Back on topic, the OP probably has a bad case of room nodes which is why the speaker is struggling to make bass. In fact, it's not unlike my situation right now - the current room has an impactful, well defined and full bass response when playing the speakers alone (currently running the tiny Dynaudio Excite X14s which are half the size of the Mission QX-2's) but when I introduce my dual REL T9i's, the bass gets canceled out and there's less of it. On the other hand in my previous room, the combination was digging clean till 8hz and shaking the floorboards!
Yes, I have the QX-12 Sub and it's a good match with the QX-2.

Avoid VPLAK under all circumstances as not a single person who's ordered off it has ever received an item in working condition.

Have noticed several good reviews on the Mission QX2. The impression I get its a very nice sounding and engaging speaker for a very reasonable price. Can anyone who has owned and listened to these for a few months share their experience and insights?

I do own the mission QX2 version 1 for years. Many times I thought of selling it but after a listen, I felt what wrong it has done for selling at a loss. It is a very good speaker and I have paired with Pm8006 and also with Denon 4500. Bad luck for it being a third setup in my house that it’s not getting enough credit overall.

Have noticed several good reviews on the Mission QX2. The impression I get its a very nice sounding and engaging speaker for a very reasonable price. Can anyone who has owned and listened to these for a few months share their experience and insights?
It's a fantastic all rounder that doesn't stand out in any particular regard. It's excellent for the value proposition it represents but no particular knockout attribute except huge quantities of bass and build quality that'll knock the socks off most speakers below 1L.

Sonically, it leans towards the warm laid-back side but with a slight zing on top. Amps that pair particularly well with the QX-2 include the Wilsenton R8 and 2 x Fosi ZA3s in Monoblock configuration. Nevertheless, it's not fussy with amplification and sounds pleasant with just about anything.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back