Burning a FLAC file onto a CD

drkaushik

Can anyone suggest how to burn a FLAC file downloaded from the internet onto a CD by NERO to be played on a normal DVD player and getting the same SQ? Thanks in advance for your expertise.

All DVD players cannot play FLAC files as it does not understand the file format or is not programmed to play them. Their are some players which play FLAC's, you can check the link below:

FLAC - links

You can convert the FLAC's to high quality MP3 and burn them to CD's to play them through a CD/DVD player. Some players even play wav files, so you can get near to lossless quality and burn them to CD's.

I hope this helps.

Pls convert flac to wav (which will not degrade the flac's quality - in fact this is akin to decompressing a zip file) and then burn it as audio cd using Nero. Any dvd player plays audio cd. Alternately, you can simply burn on dvd as (wav) files and dvd player should be able read the wav files. DVD media gives you much more space to burn more songs.

Hi,

Download Foobar software from the net, add files to be burned in the list and then convert to Audio CD.

N.Murali

You can burn directly from FLAC to Audio CD using Nero. You need a .dll file called nxmyfla.dll to do this. You can google it and download it. I'm not attaching the file here as I'm not sure if there are distribution/copyright issues. Sorry.

Once you download it, copy it to the "\program files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins" folder. Restart Nero, and you're done. :)

This works with Nero v.6 and up. I'm not sure if it works with lower versions.

Can anyone suggest how to burn a FLAC file downloaded from the internet onto a CD by NERO to be played on a normal DVD player and getting the same SQ? Thanks in advance for your expertise.

Lots of options apart from the ones mentioned:

MediaMonkey (free)
Ashampoo
Alcohol 120%

Lots of options apart from the ones mentioned:

MediaMonkey (free)
Ashampoo
Alcohol 120%

.....including "Cowon" which is a freeware and can be downloaded from the internet. This program rips, converts and burns various file formats.

Some of these programs will allow you to create CD-Text as well

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back