buy bose or not!!! help!!!!!!!

Hi gullurathi,
actually bose is quite truthful about their systems
in their demonstation CD, the speaker clearly talks about how "Bose music systems produce the bass that customers have come to expect"
I have also seen that for the majority of people who listen to music, the Bose sound is preferable to the better and truer systems. The Bose sound is identified as lush, slow and overemphasised bass and tinny treble and a big hole in the midrange. most of the bose listeners are not real listeners, but prefer to have the music playing in the background, and would think nothing of switching between the news and music and hometheatre during the same session
But I think that Bose should be categorised separately as a bastard system with no connection between reproduced material and the recorded material:sad:

But I think that Bose should be categorised separately as a ******* system with no connection between reproduced material and the recorded material:sad:

Suri, please be a bit careful about your choice of words. Mr. Bose may file a case against you for defamation!! :)

Cheers

Ref what hi fi india Nov 08 issue
One of the top 10 audio shop in surat!!
As per magzine

It is absolute sound surat

M/29-34 Asconcity
Near SMC Science Center Citylight, Surat, Gujarat 395007, India
+91 261 2253656

Mr. Jignesh

Mobile Voice- +91 98251 33320
Shop Voice- +91 99251 33320
E-mail- [email protected]

They invited us sometimes back!!!

http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/130-invite-premiere-new-absolute-sound-store.html

his old post
"Hi,

I am Jignesh from Surat. My first passion is music and have an audio showroom in Surat. I would like to share my views on this forum with the other members and readers.

We are opening a new state-of-the-art showroom next month on 2nd October here in Suart, which is the the biggest showroom in Gujarat state and one of the finest in India!

Friends, you all are invited in the opening of the new Absolute Sound showroom!

You can audition TANNOY, ONKYO, B&W, ASR AUDIO, KRELL, INTEGRA RESEARCH, NAD, ELAN, MAGNEPAN, VELODYNE, KIMBER and ACROLINK Products in our listening room.

A Listening room is available on a reservation only...

Please make a reservation by phone or e-mail in our business time...

Please be sure to bring your favorite disc for audition!

Thanks,

Jignesh

Mobile Voice- +91 98251 33320
Shop Voice- +91 99251 33320
E-mail- [email protected]"

Pls note - I am not anyway related to Abs Sound or Jignesbhai!!!
:lol:

I did visited d place but i didnt find anything worth as they do not have demo piece... and without demo how can u b sure to buy a thing... and 2ndly they did not had much of variety it was my total waste of time..

I did visited d place but i didnt find anything worth as they do not have demo piece... and without demo how can u b sure to buy a thing... and 2ndly they did not had much of variety it was my total waste of time..

Gull, buying a music or HT system is, for all of us, a work of love. This is a major investment and needs to be made carefully. Many of use have spent years researching before cutting our cheques. And we constantly upgrade.

I would suggest you take two days leave, visit Mumbai and audition a few systems yourself. Do NOT buy simply because a few members here and there scream about a particular system. You ears and liking for music may be completely different. Before going, work with members here to shortlist a few brands and models. There are thousands of options available and you cannot audition all. For the shortlisted brands and models, members here can give you the exact name and address of dealers you can visit in Mumbai. At the end of this visit, you will have a very clear idea of what you need.

This exercise is very important when you making an investment of this nature.

Cheers

Bose like small size speakers for Yamaha 665

Hi.
I have shortlisted Yamaha 665 for my home theater 5.1 system. Can you suggest good speakers of bose size speakers?
This home theater will be in hall and small speakers with good surround effect is preferable.
my budget is around 40K for speakers but I can stretch a bit.

Rgds
sai

Re: Bose like small size speakers for Yamaha 665

Hi.
I have shortlisted Yamaha 665 for my home theater 5.1 system. Can you suggest good speakers of bose size speakers?
This home theater will be in hall and small speakers with good surround effect is preferable.
my budget is around 40K for speakers but I can stretch a bit.

Rgds
sai

When I decided to go for a surround system, I was initially looking for a sub-sat system and Bose was top of my list. But when I auditioned it, I didn't find it as good for its price tag. For a 40K budget, if you can find a JBL sub-sat system I would highly recommend that. I could say JBL makes some of the best centre channel speakers, it reflects even in their smaller systems.

When I decided to go for a surround system, I was initially looking for a sub-sat system and Bose was top of my list. But when I auditioned it, I didn't find it as good for its price tag. For a 40K budget, if you can find a JBL sub-sat system I would highly recommend that. I could say JBL makes some of the best centre channel speakers, it reflects even in their smaller systems.
I think jbl has a 5.1 sub sat system ss200 iirc, costs around 30k. I have listened and it was quite ok, though I wasnt very impressed with the subwoofer. the bass was not so tight.

This home theater will be in hall and small speakers with good surround effect is preferable. my budget is around 40K for speakers but I can stretch a bit.

Since you are in Bangalore, please do audition Q-Acoustics 1010i. The speakers are not very small (more like small bookshelves), but play very well for their size.

Cheers

Since you are in Bangalore, please do audition Q-Acoustics 1010i. The speakers are not very small (more like small bookshelves), but play very well for their size.

Cheers

Thank you. How is bass for the speakers..? does 1010i include all speakers and cables or do I need to buy some thing extra

Thank you. How is bass for the speakers..? does 1010i include all speakers and cables or do I need to buy some thing extra

The set comes with five speakers and a sub woofer. I have tried a number of movies including my favorite - 'Battle of Britain'. The sound of the bombs falling were really good and deep. You might have to spend a little time setting the cross over frequency for the sub. Start at some 100 Hz and keep going down till you find the right frequency.

Cables are not included you have to buy speakers cables separately. A good 14 Gauge speaker cable will work nicely. This will cost you some 70 to 100 Rupees a meter depending upon the brand you choose.

Cheers

If the performance of the q acoustics 1030i is anything to go by, then the 1010i would have good detailing and decent bass.

Hi.
Does the set come with user manual to set cross over freq...? I am bit new to these settings. I am bit worried of echo as room is big

Rgds
sai

The set comes with five speakers and a sub woofer. I have tried a number of movies including my favorite - 'Battle of Britain'. The sound of the bombs falling were really good and deep. You might have to spend a little time setting the cross over frequency for the sub. Start at some 100 Hz and keep going down till you find the right frequency.

Cables are not included you have to buy speakers cables separately. A good 14 Gauge speaker cable will work nicely. This will cost you some 70 to 100 Rupees a meter depending upon the brand you choose.

Cheers

Does the set come with user manual to set cross over freq...? I am bit new to these settings. I am bit worried of echo as room is big i

Both the AVR and the speaker set come with manuals. Don't worry. Once you have the system, we can guide you on how to set the system up. It is quite simple, once you get the hang of it.

Cheers

Cheers

Hey Venky...

Where did u had a demo of Q.?

As i remember, we have not come across for the same...
or even if we have, then i seriously dont remember...
and if we have, then i am annoyed that we didnt had a detailed chat..
or did we...
please let me know, because, my memory is down the drain...with so hectic schedules...hehe...tk cr...

And whoso ever wants to have any kind of discussions, over the Bose...
can question anything to me, out here...but make sure you are technical enough with your points, to make a justice to your points...

In Short...For BOSE...

BOSE is a Lifestyle system, a very sleek stylish system, meant for solving a purpose of Music System, drives under the Multimedia section of setups.
And regarding the performance, if BOSE could have transformed the technology they shout to have done that, then that would been an END to all the Home Theatre Systems, above 1Lakhs.
Practically, its not possible for one, to change the complete concept of Physics, just like rotating the directions of sound. They differ and makes a difference, when it comes to a comparison, but yes if you compare as Sound, then Hercules XPS 5.1 70, priced @ Rs.15K, with mono input to 5.1 (Soundcard) input, will anyday perform better then the Rs.1L+ BOSE so called Music System.

NOTE : All those who are new or want to test BOSE, please make sure that
while you are being given a demo, you need to ask them to make the equalizer settings to all zero, and not to play there demo sic, instead play the original tracks again on zero mode...and do have a demo on Stereo + Sub mode...
And one more point, all the Bose Setups has Satellite Speakers, neither bookshelves, or other speakers...

Thanks

Mridul

Where did u had a demo of Q.?

As i remember, we have not come across for the same... or even if we have, then i seriously dont remember... and if we have, then i am annoyed that we didnt had a detailed chat.. or did we... please let me know, because, my memory is down the drain...with so hectic schedules...hehe...tk cr...

I was originally supposed to come to Bangalore for auditioning Q-Acoustics 1010i. This never happened, and I ended up auditioning the Q-Acoustics 1010i a few times in Chennai. I have even helped in the set up at a location (something like a professional studio) that has a Yamaha 663 and Q-A 1010i. It was there that I played around with the crossover settings for the sub that I was mentioning to SaiJayram.

Raghu of Decibel is setting up a full fledged 5.1 system with Q-A1010i, and I will write a review report after I hear the system there in detail. But there is no denying that the Q-As sound very good. And it is a neat package for people who have problems with space and wife acceptance.

Cheers

I was originally supposed to come to Bangalore for auditioning Q-Acoustics 1010i. This never happened, and I ended up auditioning the Q-Acoustics 1010i a few times in Chennai. I have even helped in the set up at a location (something like a professional studio) that has a Yamaha 663 and Q-A 1010i. It was there that I played around with the crossover settings for the sub that I was mentioning to SaiJayram.

Raghu of Decibel is setting up a full fledged 5.1 system with Q-A1010i, and I will write a review report after I hear the system there in detail. But there is no denying that the Q-As sound very good. And it is a neat package for people who have problems with space and wife acceptance.

Cheers

Hi.
i have a friend in singaopre who could locate AVR and Q-A1030i YamahaRXV 665 is available for 750SGD and Q-A1030i for 700SGD. 1 SGD is approx 33INR.
Difference between 1010i and 1030i is approx 200SGD. I thought I can choose 1030i.
Will there be any issue in connecting 1030i with RXV665..?

Go for Denon 1709 or 1909 with Polk audio Lsi. this would be a better choice I would say.

Denon is really good for movies/music. Better than yamaha and onkyo and price wise higher that these ones as well.

Polk are really cook speakers.

Visit profx (dealer for denon/polk) in chennai or coimbatore. In coimbatore they have opened a new branch with around 40% discounts. Check the same

I have a friend in singaopre who could locate AVR and Q-A1030i YamahaRXV 665 is available for 750SGD and Q-A1030i for 700SGD. 1 SGD is approx 33INR. Difference between 1010i and 1030i is approx 200SGD. I thought I can choose 1030i. Will there be any issue in connecting 1030i with RXV665..?

No, there will be no issues in connecting the 1010i or the 1030i with the 665.

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back