buy / shop music CD online in India

Will you buy CD DVD online at a store with convenient safe and huge collection?

• Total voters
Hi,

To answer the original question, here are the online Indian music stores I use regularly:

All the above stores have been providing acceptable level or service, and have a good catalog to select from.

I also use https://store.acousticsounds.com/ for Jazz and Hindustani classical music. This is not an Indian site, and I have to pay in US dollars. Their service is excellent. Even LP records arrive without any damage.

Thanks,
Sharad Medhavi

O yes, you are very right in saying that. In fact, I own Dhoom2 DVD-A right from when it was released. I do not have a DVD-A player but just bought it for future use if I buy a player; for the time being I listened to the DD and DTS tracks playable in a DVD video HT. I know and appreciate YRF to bring in the newer concepts in Indian music industry (viz. licensed mp3, DVD-A, music DVD). Alas, YRF suffer tremendous resistance from the industry for breaking the rules for good - marketing rights being one such example!

And, I guess I have read about the Tamil music industries making some DTS CDs. Even though I am ZERO in tamil language, I wouldn't mind buying atleast 1 such recommended CD. I remember how I purchased and listened to Kaadhalan (Humse Hai Mukabala) audio cassette just for the music of Rahman!

Thanks for writing in.

Swami

Same here,I got the Dhoom-2 DVD-A the week it was released. Even though I don't have a DVD-A player,I bought them so that I can check them out someday when I get a DVD-A player.But I was able to play the DVD-A Lossless content on my PC with PowerDVD player.

If you like Rahman's music then you will love his Boys 5.1 DTS CD.

Hi Nishanth,

Where can I get the Hindi DVD-A's from? Last I checked Yashraj does not allow for any online shopping. I used to buy a bunch from there but its all history now. Online or a store in Bangalore would be great info. Thx much.

Hi Marsilians

You can get them at all big music stores like Planet M or Music world, because they available at their stores in Chennai.Even if they don't have them in stock,you can place an order with them for it.

Dhoom-2 DVD-A is available online at Landmarkonthenet and Musicyogi.com.

I have ordered some CDs from Rhythm House India and got it delivered in excellent condition , their service is also good , even cdconnection is also a good one if you want English music.

david.

I have done a lot of online CD purchasing from HamaraCD.com (for Indian music) and Indiaplaza.in (for International music). All purchases made thru Credit Card. Service is excellent. Delivery is prompt. Full satisfaction, according to me.

Just to add my recent and the first online music purchase experience to this thread.

I ordered BOYS music DTS CD from landmark online paying by my credit card. Instead, they delivered BOYS movie DVD but in good condition and on time. I informed them and they sent a DTS CD too. So, I ended up having both the discs, even though I ordered for just one!

2 Thumbs up! I recommend them! ;)

Hello All,

just wanted to share my experience with hamaraCD :

About a month back i had ordered 2 CDs from hamaraCD for the first time.. I think the concept of customized CDs is really great. I got the CDs within 5 working days in great condition with customized label etc..

One CD was as expected but unfortunately, in the other CD, they had messed it up by burning 'revival' version of the songs - that too in 4 songs !

For those who are under the impression that revival is infact a 'cleaned' / remastered version of the original.. well its NOT ! Senseless mismatched music is added at the start, the instruments are recorded again (which can NOT match the original recording and the harmony between original voices and music is lost completely). In some songs the 'new recording' is simply pathetic !

Obviously i was angry !!!

i wrote them an email with rather harsh words - stating that 'revival' is a stupid idea and their policy to market it in such a cheap way - giving me revival when infact i had chosen very carefully the original version - is even more stupid and miserable ... also mentioned that its not personal to the staff member reading the mail but the anger is about company policy they might be having : to push the 'revival' concept !

i was preparing to send the CD back with a letter and ... to my surprise :) i got an email from them apologizing for the mess... in the email, they promised me to send the replacement asap... and even greater surprise was i got the CD with all original versions in 3 days !!

I would still rate their service as 'very good' (no sarcasm :) ) .. am going to try again and hopefully this time they will get it right the first time !!! (One way is to avoid songs which have revival versions also but thats a big compromise as a customer so not an option for me at least !)

cheers !

Rahul,

Thanks for sharing and keeping this thread, on a rather uncommon topic, alive!

Even I have good experience with HAMARACD. I have bought 34 CDs till date (just checked) . They committed only one mistake till now, by giving me the female version of the song while I had selected the male version. I received the replacement CD just 3 days after I complained. Very good service indeed.

Thanks,
Sharad

you are welcome swami :)

sharad, i also am very hopeful about hamaracd... think some trainee had goofed it up in my case and corrective action was very prompt. Given the fact that these are customized CDs (with customized label) i think Rs. 275 per CD inclusive of shipping is value for money.

was looking at rhythm house site... tried 3-4 times so far on different days, but the site hangs occasionally (which is not good for customer confidence). It happens typically if it can't find the title given in the search. But as few members have stated here, the service must be good.. will try again.

btw, just a fun fact : I was looking for audio cd of 'Arjun' (hindi - R. D. Burman) and couldn't stop laughing when i saw that along with 'joshilay' (again RD), the 3rd movie in the combination was 'Tohfa' !!! what a contrast ! :). I got the CD at landmark, camp, Pune.

I had a nice experiece with flipkart.com .....their service is prompt and delivery is free if you order cds totaling more than 100 rupees. Their collection of indian music is huge. Most of the popular english cds are also available (few SACDs and DVD-Audio & vinyl discs are also available). English cds have some discount on them.

I had a nice experiece with flipkart.com .....their service is prompt and delivery is free if you order cds totaling more than 100 rupees. Their collection of indian music is huge. Most of the popular english cds are also available (few SACDs and DVD-Audio & vinyl discs are also available). English cds have some discount on them.

How is this compared to landmark and others?

How is this compared to landmark and others?

Along with Rhythm House, Flipkart is the BEST I have used, if the stuff you want is available.

Here's an example. I ordered a SACD - Pink Floyd's DSOTM. They called me the next day telling me that it was out of stock and asked me if I wanted the CD. I told them that I had ordered the SACD and that if I had wanted the CD I would have ordered it instead. :D They tried to persuade me to take the CD, but I stood firm and asked them to cancel the order. They said they would do so. :lol: However, the next morning they called me up told me that they had located the SACD and asked me if I wanted it. I said yes, because it had been listed at Rs 373/- :yahoo: the cheapest I'd seen it anywhere. :yahoo: They told me that it would take longer than usual to deliver it because it would have to come from where they had sourced it and apologized in advance for the delay. I told them to just send it to me. Three days later it arrived by Aramax. I paid the courier guy the price. (I never use DC for flipkart) and voila! It was mine. A lovely experience, I must say, and great for my pocket as well! :clapping:

I've ordered other CDs and books from them and have got it before the arrival date. The best part is that they are not only slightly cheaper than other vendors, but they're extremely reliable and you pay only when you get the stuff!!!

I've bought twice from Rhythm House and the response is good.
Pink Floyd - The Definitive Collection for 599/- 3CD pack
Dire Straits On Every Street for 395/-
Paid by net banking, received the CDs within 48hrs.
Service is good!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back