Buying 2 Ton Inverter AC

rohitshakti

Want to buy AC for house in Delhi, top floor with direct sun light
I want to purchase a AC out of Mistabishi or Daikin or Panasonic for my drawing room size 180 sq.ft on whose roof there is direct sun light but I will be using the AC in night only. The only problem is the big drainage (nala) flowing near my house i.e. nearly 300m from my home due to which there is gas leak in rest of my ACs once every year.

Is there any solution for gas leak, I have already tried aluminium based Sharp AC but even the joints in that AC is copper due to which there is leakage ?

Please rate the above companies from 1 to 3 so that it becomes eazy for me to decide on the branding?

I checked many website for proper tonnage of ac for my drawing room measuring 178 sqfts. In Delhi 3rd n top floor with direct sunlight on roof with no window but some sites day to buy 1.5 ton ac and some 2.00 ton ac, Which are correct?

2ndly, my budget is 44000/- but I can stretch it. I am getting

Panasonic 5* non-inverter ac is for Rs.37000/-,

Mitsubishi ms-gk24va for 2.0ton for 56000/-,

Hitachi RMC324EAEA for 2.0Ton for 51000/-

and Daikin 1.8ton ftkh60rrv16 3* invertor for 49000/-.

I found out that Hitachi ACs are the best in mid range segment but the problem I found was its services. Everyone complaints about its services not properly attended by its service staff hence I think I should avoid that co.

Which should I buy as per my room condition and budget. Usage is 1700 hrs/yr. If there is any other models with anti corrosion properties you can suggest to buy other than the above model are welcome.

Is the increase from 37000/- Panasonic ac to these ACS of 49000/- plus justify my requirement & will it be wise to go with inverter ac and do all the above ACS have copper compressor and fins as my house is near nala ?

How can we calculate the electricity usage and its charges for 5 yrs and then get to know the difference in its pricing while buying and the difference in charges of electricity in 5 years?

Daikin ftkp-60e of 1.8ton whether resistance ac is costing more than 55000/- itself and all these models are of last year and prices taken from dealers in Jan 2017. Current year's acs have yet not reached the stores but their details are available on bijlibacho and BEE sites.

It would be extremely helpful if anyone can give the distributor's details about Daikin, Mitsubishi or Panasonic in Delhi.

Pls also tell if there is any indian air conditioner dedicated forum, if yes, pls share?

regards

No reply even after 10 days, do nobody has knowledge about ac.

If so, can anyone share the contact details of ac distributors of Hitachi, Panasonic, Daikin or other known good brands in Delhi.

If you don't have problem with slightly higher noise level, go for non-inverter model because initial higher cost of an inverter AC is not resulted into saving on electricity bill. Repairing cost of inverter AC is on the higher side. Just for a circuit board failure, you need to pay anything between 6-9K whereas it's possible to repair circuit board of a non-inverter AC. Last year, I bought Daikin 1.0 Ton inverter AC(FTKM) at 42K, paid additional 4K on installation (as Daikin doesn't include pipe, wires etc with its high-end inverter models) and paid almost 4k for a V-Guard stabilizer. But I am not happy with so -called 'cost-saving' part of inverter AC. So, go for a non-inverter, 5star AC. Try to avoid ACs with R-22 refrigerant, buy something with R410A or R-290(though highly inflammable, energy efficient), or R-32( exclusively used by Daikin).

For more info on Inverter ACs, please read post no. 425 of this thread, if possible, follow the entire thread.

http://www.hifivision.com/general-l...v-1-5ton-eco-inverter-air-conditioner-43.html

Your house is close to a 'nula' that might be the reason for annual gas-leakage, so you can go for an AC that uses aluminum condenser pipe. Let me tell you the other side of the story of this 'annual gas-leakage'. Annual gas-recharging is a flourishing business in Delhi. AC mechanics use certain tricks and for that customers end up paying them every year for gas-recharge. Google it, you will find it. Meanwhile, just read this one
AC gas recharge, big scam? - Team-BHP

Thanks.

I have booked a Daikin 1.5 tonne inverter heat pump(?45k - FTHP series for those interested).

FTXS model was the way to go ... equivalent model would have been FTXS 50. Anyway, a lot depends on room size and other parameters too. I recently settled for FTXS 25 ie. 0.75 TR machine for a 165 sq. ft. room (ground floor, with construction on all sides and diffused sunlight from windows on one side).

Are you sure that 0.75 tonne can service 165 sq ft? Maybe if the doors are kept shut continuously and not opened for hours. Don't you think that room will lose its cooling if the door is opened once or twice in an hour?
Looks like your City Miraj in Maharashtra never sees temperature above mid thirties whereas in Delhi it goes upto 47.

Contrary to the general belief, it is not the ambient temperature alone which governs cooling requirement! More at play is the ambient 'relative humidity' than temperature. It is a lot easier to bring down inside temperature of a room in absence of high RH, even if outside temperature is very high. Free tutorial, lol. So, the Miraj argument doesn't hold. BTW, Miraj gets to 40 often with moderately high RH. BTW, humidity is nowhere near Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.

You might be seeing a 'stream flowing' outside an air-conditioned room! That's the compressor easing out the moisture from air (more) than actually lowering the room temperature! You need a bigger AC then . This is something barely known to any retailers or even direct company sales engineers. Quality of engineers is indeed pitiable. Brochure-sales is what is resorted to. Basics = ZERO!

The 'yellow sun' needs to be carefully understood first, before sizing for the AC!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back