Buying a HTIB or building your own HT system?

^^ lol welcome to HFV ... :) .. Cool ... Denon is ultimate for Movies no doubt, and x1300 is not exception.

May give a genuine suggestion, you will not regret. If you want to add moolah to a HT setup, add it to 2 things woofer and center channel. (AVR a 20-25K can do job equaily good) Like say you have increased your budget from 1L to 1.5L then invest in a SUB and center, those 2 are the back bone of a Home Theater . Get a good quality center and sub and your HT will rock. When I say good quality SUB does not necessarily mean higher bass ...means quality thumping base, not boom boom, the the measure of quality bass for me is ,,, the thump should be felt on chest, and the resonance in the sound should not irritate your ears but should make your recliner rumble with vibrations :D ........ Actual Movie Bliss .. :) :) ...

Last edited:
Yamaha AVRs are bright performing AVRs, however the treble can be controlled from the equalizer settings.
Go ahead for Round 2, list out the pros and cons in both Yamaha and Denon AVRs that you auditioned. Try with different speaker combos.
Also give Marantz AVRs a try.

Thanks sanloyn, will go for round-2 audition and see how it goes:)

^^ lol welcome to HFV ... :) .. Cool ... Denon is ultimate for Movies no doubt, and x1300 is not exception.

May give a genuine suggestion, you will not regret. If you want to add moolah to a HT setup, add it to 2 things woofer and center channel. (AVR a 20-25K can do job equaily good) Like say you have increased your budget from 1L to 1.5L then invest in a SUB and center, those 2 are the back bone of a Home Theater . Get a good quality center and sub and your HT will rock. When I say good quality SUB does not necessarily mean higher bass ...means quality thumping base, not boom boom, the the measure of quality bass for me is ,,, the thump should be felt on chest, and the resonance in the sound should not irritate your ears but should make your recliner rumble with vibrations :D ........ Actual Movie Bliss .. :) :) ...

Thanks Sam9s for the piece of advise/inputs, I will definitely remember that. I am much more clear now to what I need;)

^^ lol welcome to HFV ... :) .. When I say good quality SUB does not necessarily mean higher bass ...means quality thumping base, not boom boom, the the measure of quality bass for me is ,,, the thump should be felt on chest, and the resonance in the sound should not irritate your ears but should make your recliner rumble with vibrations :D ........ Actual Movie Bliss .. :) :) ...

Hi Sam, I have auditioned several subs till now, but none matched the description of a perfect sub you have mentioned above (which is aligned to what I have in my mind). Do you have any specific model within 50k, which does qualify for the title of 'perfect sub' ? I am looking for a good sub, but till now none found with a tight-quality bass. Almost every other which I tried was having boomy sound, which irritates me a lot. The test piece which I used was from transformers-1 BRD, specifically the scene when Sam tries to take the cube to the top of a tower when bots were fighting for him.

Last edited:
Hi All, i have been following this thread since some time. And i found below things and would like to know if this works?

1. Buying Pioneer VSX-531 AV-Receiver from Amazon.in @30,000.
Pioneer VSX-531 5.1 Channel AV receiver Built-in: Amazon.in: Electronics
2. Buying Taga-Harmony TAV 606SEhome theater speaker package from HiFi-mart -
https://www.hifimart.com/speakers/speaker-systems/taga-harmony-tav-606-se-speaker-package.html

Will this complement with each other? or is there any other suggestions for speakers.

Thanks,
Anil

Hi Sam, I have auditioned several subs till now, but none matched the description of a perfect sub you have mentioned above (which is aligned to what I have in my mind). Do you have any specific model within 50k, which does qualify for the title of 'perfect sub' ? I am looking for a good sub, but till now none found with a tight-quality bass. Almost every other which I tried was having boomy sound, which irritates me a lot. The test piece which I used was from transformers-1 BRD, specifically the scene when Sam tries to take the cube to the top of a tower when bots were fighting for him.

What SUB have you auditioned..... also the acoustics matter a lot as well, room size and audio played all matter. I have a Polk DSW 550Wi PRO. But I was equally impressed by Sunfire HRS-10 sub. SVS was also good. I was not impressed by Velodyne Impact 12.

Thanks Sam, I have tried BA ASW250, Polk PSW505, one form Sonodyne (I guess it was called Roar or so), Wharfedale D10 etc.... Maybe its the acoustics as you said, as I cant stand boomy sound a second. Will try your recommendations and see...

Try Polk DSW 660 Pro , its now same price as 550 but goes to 25 Hz (as against to 27 Hz for 550) and has 50 W extra RMS power.

@chlorophyll: Got sidetracked since I have been travelling a lot...but this thread will be soon updated with new addition :yahoo:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back