Buying a TT - Need Tips

Still to high for philips.IMHO old philips TT -build quality too was bad .I got aworking sony -stickers intact for 2 K ( went kaupt cause my daughter!)

I have one philips non working and frankly if this is the price will sell for parts!

Lemme ask some of the delers I know ,or venture in Chor bazaar.Esp Razzak got some TT incl Technics...frankly 5K+ price is above my budget..

Thanks to both Hemant and Samant for chipping in and helping.

If you can find some good one in chorbazaar do let me know. I am ok with more than 5k.

Is there someone who can throw light on the this Pyle TT

Pyle-Pro | PLTTB1 Professional Belt-Drive Turntable | PLTTB1

Various sites give different details about this TT. Some specify it as direct drive whereas this seems to be belt drive. No site mentions if this manual/semi automatic/fully automatic.

Is this model of Pyle TT good.

What is the good reliable website to buy online with no customs hasle? (but paying customs duty). Give me some names other than 20north.com.

Can somone share there experience of buying through ebay - Global easy buy?

Thanks to both Hemant and Samant for chipping in and helping.

If you can find some good one in chorbazaar do let me know. I am ok with more than 5k.

Is there someone who can throw light on the this Pyle TT

Pyle-Pro | PLTTB1 Professional Belt-Drive Turntable | PLTTB1

Various sites give different details about this TT. Some specify it as direct drive whereas this seems to be belt drive. No site mentions if this manual/semi automatic/fully automatic.

Is this model of Pyle TT good.

What is the good reliable website to buy online with no customs hasle? (but paying customs duty). Give me some names other than 20north.com.

Can somone share there experience of buying through ebay - Global easy buy?

IMHO. Put aside 5-10k. Scout around. Be patient. then settle for a working Technics SL 1300 or SL 1200 or a Sl1210. It'll be better than any Pyle 'O Shit.

In fact, the ones mentioned above take the piss outta the entry level Sherwoods, Audio Technica's and even the Project's...

If you've got a 40k+ budget, go for any of the Projects in that range and sit tight for quite a while!

IMHO. Put aside 5-10k. Scout around. Be patient. then settle for a working Technics SL 1300 or SL 1200 or a Sl1210. It'll be better than any Pyle 'O Shit.

In fact, the ones mentioned above take the piss outta the entry level Sherwoods, Audio Technica's and even the Project's...

If you've got a 40k+ budget, go for any of the Projects in that range and sit tight for quite a while!

Thanks and your advise (Be patient) makes sense.

About Pyle. I checked and confirmed its belt drive and fully manual.

And my budget is definitely not 40K+

Last edited:
Thanks and your advise (Be patient) makes sense.

About Pyle. I checked and confirmed its belt drive and fully manual.

And my budget is definitely not 40K+

I f you can wait a bit, I could help you get a working Technics for under 10k. But it'll take a couple of weeks. PM me your co-ordinates.

I am offered an used TT through a friend.

Model : Kenwood KD-41R.
(fixed with new audio technica catridge)

Could not get much detail from web on this model. I could get only this link Kenwood KD41R Quartz-Lock Direct Drive Turntable !! - Jpegbay.com

Want some details on features and specification. May be experts can throw some light from the pics on the above links. Also tell me if 6K is a good price for this.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Finally i got a TT :yahoo: :yahoo:

Details:

Brand : Kenwood
Model : KD-41R
Type : Direct Drive Semi-Automatic
Price : Rs.5000
Look : 1) Cosmetically few scratches on the plinth (due to lid), 2) Cut/Reject button chrome platting gone bad 3) Lid shows its age though no crack and in order

All are welcome to give their tips on making it look better cosmetically.

Will update the thread with some pics in couple of days.

Need to buy a world's cheapest phono preamp immediately (will later replace with a integrated stereo amplifier/tuner).

Can someone tell where to buy in Mumbai and the approximate cost?? Thinking of buying it tomorrow.

Once again thanks to all who gave their time and advise in helping to choose and buy a TT.

Hi ukjeyaraj
1) Cosmetically few scratches on the plinth (due to lid),
What is Plinth made of Wood/Plastic/Acrylic ?
2) Cut/Reject button chrome platting gone bad
Zorrik 88 or WD40 Switch cleaning liquid can be used, makes chrome plating like brand new.
3) Lid shows its age though no crack and in order
Try buffing, but if done too much will ruin the lid so be careful
Need to buy a world's cheapest phono preamp immediately
very Difficult to find. You will have to DIY. If you cant wait and can compromise sound quality try Cassette Tape Head Preamp.
Hiten

Thanks for the very quick reply.

Plinth is made of acrylic.

Where do I get zorrikk88 or wd40 in mumbai? (never heard of such things before)

Quote:
Need to buy a world's cheapest phono preamp immediately
very Difficult to find. You will have to DIY. If you cant wait and can compromise sound quality try Cassette Tape Head Preamp.
Hiten

Then I cannot listen to my TT :sad: :sad:

I thought lamington road, mumbai may have some phono pre-amp.

Last edited:
Hai Mr.Ukjeyaraj,

If you are in Mumbai try with Mr.Shyam Bajaj of NORGE , he will help you for a Phono Pre-Amp.

N.Murali

Thanks. I got contact details from norgeaudio.com. If there is anyother contact details please inform.

You know you could also go for an old Sansui ampfopr about 2-3k They have excellent phono stages built in...

So, you could use it as a full fledged amp, or you could use it as phonostage only... Cheap and best!

You know you could also go for an old Sansui ampfopr about 2-3k They have excellent phono stages built in...

So, you could use it as a full fledged amp, or you could use it as phonostage only... Cheap and best!

I contacted "Norgeaudio" in mumbai and they are ready to give a pre-amp for Rs.1600/-, and requested one working day for it to be ready.

I found one sansui amp for sale with phonostage, but he is quoting Rs.8000/-. I felt it to be too expensive.

I am thinking of getting a new integrated amplifier with phonostage after sometime. Will try to get something with tuner if possible.

I contacted "Norgeaudio" in mumbai and they are ready to give a pre-amp for Rs.1600/-, and requested one working day for it to be ready.
Is it a Phono Pre amp ?

Hai Hiten ,
Phono input is not a standard in NORGE amps so I got one made by Mr.Bajaj when ordering my Amp , he also gives Phono pre seperately.
Oh ! I didn't knew that. Must be good quality. Another friend was also looking for Phono preamp. Thanks Murali
Hiten

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back