buying from canada any idea

santhukp

Next month i am going to canada and planning to buy some audio stuff from there .Pls advice is it realy worth a lot ?...

What i have heard from my colleagues is that the electronic items are more expensive in Canada than US. Also the market is filled w/ chinese stuff, all kind of toys, electronic items which are similar to what we find here. Try online shopping options.

Last edited:
Electronics are indeed expensive in Canada then US. If you really need something that is anot available here then consider the hassle....

if you are there for a long enough duration, try to buy from US and get it shipped to canada. try to avoid paying customs as you are anyway going to bring it out of canada.

Another option is to buy something made in canada, e.g. axiom audio speakers/subs etc. You can also get svs subs at a not so bad price. search for canadian manufacturers of a/v and see if you like anything.

Canadian Brands might be available cheap over there. Usually brands are cheapest in Home country.
Some brands which come to mind are NAD, PSB, Energy, Mirage etc..

Sony,LG,Samsung BDP Costs only $150 here. Please advice is it good deal or not and what about the regions... advice me pls.

Next month i am going to canada and planning to buy some audio stuff from there .Pls advice is it realy worth a lot ?...

For Bluray player

when in canada , you can buy a oppo bluray player from :

(1)Blu-Ray and DVD - Buy Blu-Ray and DVD Online from Only Best Rated - Your DivX Source , they are the authorized dealers for canada (I purchased by DVD player 980H from them via my relatives), oppo bluray players have a universal power supply, will only need a modkit to make it region free ,which you can get it from here
Oppo BDP-83 Multi region DIY kit - easy to install on eBay.ca (item 220544694553 end time 27-Feb-10 04:08:04 EST).

For buying electronics/computer related stuff you can visit these, as far as i know , most Canadians buy their stuff from here only:-

(1)Best Buy Canada - Best Buy Canada

(2)http://www.canadacomputers.com/(purchased my projector, optoma hd70 from them,the total cost was Rs 35000/-)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back