Buying Logitech Squeezebox touch in india

Have you got your account registered on mysqueezebox.com with your password-I believe that is where all this is stored, not on a SD card on computer.

Have you got your account registered on mysqueezebox.com with your password-I believe that is where all this is stored, not on a SD card on computer.
Of course I hv registered my account on mysqueezebox & entered the details in the initial setup while starting SQ touch..

Finally ordered Touch for myself for odd 17K from shopyourworld.com

Had some SYW rupees with me already so didn't mind paying little more. Let us see whats all this hype now :p

I hope this device does justice to Norah Jones otherwise I'll have to switch back to the Arcam rDAC which I just sold :S

Hi all,

Can someone list out the Internet Radio Stations playing Indian Film Music? Cant find any when I searched on my SQ Touch.

Last edited:
Hi ,

1. I read that Touch's local sbs is not able to recognize attached USB drive or i is buggy
2. Therefore a SBS needs to be run somewhere on the home network
3. The best low power solution seems to be run a sbs on a plug device like Seagate Go Flex Home.

Has anybody experimented with it ? What are the results ? or is there a better solution to this ?

Hi

Does any owners or users of the SB Touch or duet have pandora playing directly from the device. how have you managed the US only problem. does the touch or the duet have the ability to have a vpn setting inserted in it. or some other solution that i am missing

Hi ,

1. I read that Touch's local sbs is not able to recognize attached USB drive or i is buggy
2. Therefore a SBS needs to be run somewhere on the home network
3. The best low power solution seems to be run a sbs on a plug device like Seagate Go Flex Home.

Has anybody experimented with it ? What are the results ? or is there a better solution to this ?

i run mine witha seagate go flex home (plug version) - 2TB, and it works just fine!

be careful of the adapters if you are getting it from US.. there is some voltage difference in Indian & US standards. I damaged my world radio which i got is from US..

Kevian\Mubeen\all other touch owners..

Any feedback on the Touch SQ yet? I am also considering the Marantz 6003 ,but nothing beats a touch for convenience (am a bit tired of burning audio cd's frankly), have read a lot of pro's and cons on both so need your first hand feedback.

I will only use the analogue inputs as of now (no ext dac for me yet) so a bit undecided on this bit(have only read good reviews bout the internal wolfson dac but dont know how it compares against the overall Marantz experience...)

Also see some mixed reviews on the playback from HDD,(dont think I need more than 500 GB so don't think this will be an issue but an internal memory of 128 MB if it matters sounds seriously low to me.)

PC is an option but no NAS for me as it adds up to the cost...

My SGS2 should suffice as a remote and plan to use good interconnects.

My gear is a Phillips CD 165(OP Amp modified) / Norge 2030 and Millenium speakers ( and I am happy with it ... so far...)

Hi Gollum(Like you handle BTW!)

Havent done a compare with the Marantz but for ease of use and SQ I think the SB is a good product. Ive been a happy user for about 3 years so far.

Hi Gollum,

I didn't do an AB comparison test between a CD player and a SBT, so I am not a right person to comment on it. If you ask me about SBT only, it has decent SQ, ease of use, great looks and its internet radio is real fun. So, decide on what you want after doing an AB test. I didn't bother to do it because I have more music on my HDD than CDs. My upgrade on this would be something that can play flacs with a greater SQ.

cheers!!
Kevian

P.S: I don't have critical ears. I just enjoy music.

Kevian\Mubeen\all other touch owners..

Any feedback on the Touch SQ yet? I am also considering the Marantz 6003 ,but nothing beats a touch for convenience (am a bit tired of burning audio cd's frankly), have read a lot of pro's and cons on both so need your first hand feedback.

I will only use the analogue inputs as of now (no ext dac for me yet) so a bit undecided on this bit(have only read good reviews bout the internal wolfson dac but dont know how it compares against the overall Marantz experience...)

Also see some mixed reviews on the playback from HDD,(dont think I need more than 500 GB so don't think this will be an issue but an internal memory of 128 MB if it matters sounds seriously low to me.)

PC is an option but no NAS for me as it adds up to the cost...

My SGS2 should suffice as a remote and plan to use good interconnects.

My gear is a Phillips CD 165(OP Amp modified) / Norge 2030 and Millenium speakers ( and I am happy with it ... so far...)

My take on this is:
the SBT sq is way below par when compared to a good cdp... it will show up very clearly on a revealing system... currently on my chain, i use the SBT with a 2 TB HDD through a CA Dacmagic. this is way below par than my 10 year old Rotel RCD 991. the rotel is in no way a benchmark cdp but it holds its own very well even when compared to a modern dya cdp in the 1L+ price range...

however, I am convinced that the SBT + HDD when paired with a good DAC in the $1000 range can be as good an option as any cdp in the same price bracket...

the combo as of now is adequeate for me because i use it only to check out new music on FLAC... if i like what i hear, then immediately it gets bought on Vinyl!

Thanks All for their inputs. let me see if I can hear it somewhere in Mumbai. I am happy to be welcomed for an audio session if someone is willing.

P.S. George the name originates from the quest for the audiophile "ring". We all are in it for it correct...? gn :)

I saw two squeezebox touch for sale on ebay.in (one new and one 1 day old)....

Frankly I dont understand why Logitech has not launched it in India

Gollum, I have done extensive testing of SBT vs CD Player. SBT digital out (SPDIF) into a top class DAC can equal a CDP which is 2x the price of the DAC.

CoAxial out can go up to 24/192. USB and SPDIF out can only go up 24/96.

Regarding infeed, SBT can take wifi as well as LAN. Attached HDD is indeed buggy.

hello everyone !

now i have been in touch with a few SBT owners like neeraj, srini & kevian, and was about to post a new thread in the 'wanted' section, but instead am posting it here now since this thread more-or-less seems to be a good platform for that.

i need a good music-source to be used with my floorstanders coupled with a norge 1000 (upcoming). am not an audiophile, nor generally do my music tastes match to the kind of songs audiophiles enjoy. but yes, i do appreciate good SQ. till a few days back, i was just wondering what's this 'squeezebox hullabaloo', when my eyes fell on gerry's sale thread and i decided to take a peek in, and from there i kept following the SBT word wherever i found it (generally very good feedback). checked up some reviews as well. now i thought my search has ended. but then came the 'availability issue' (gerry's SBT is booked). read that amazon is shipping it directly to india (thanks to kittu). checked the price. seemed good enough for an unused piece. was about to splurge, but srini recommened to check once more for a used piece. now though its not a very common product in india, coupled with the fact that of whatever users there are of the SBT, most of them seem to like them too much to easily part with them :)

thanks for reading the useless stuff above.
could someone pls suggest - should i get it from amazon soon (i could find it the only place where its listed for the cheapest so far) ? or should i wait/search more for some 'used SBT for sale' to pop-up (to be instantly grabbed by some soul like me if i commit the sin of checking it late) ?

would appreciate your response people :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back