Buying LP's online from DIscogs.com

Hi! buddies I have been buying regularly LPs on Discogs so far a very good experience...
Hi Amit, I have ordered an LP from discogs and its been nearly a month. The tracking details showed up for 7 days after which it has not been updated. I wrote to them and they ares asking me to wait for a bit post which they will offer me a refund. I dont really know what to make out of this kind of service. At the same time i ordered 2 LP's from Vinytom around the same date and they have reached me a couple of weeks ago.I dont really know if i would order from discogs again.
Cheers!
Anand

Hi Amit, I have ordered an LP from discogs and its been nearly a month. The tracking details showed up for 7 days after which it has not been updated. I wrote to them and they ares asking me to wait for a bit post which they will offer me a refund. I dont really know what to make out of this kind of service. At the same time i ordered 2 LP's from Vinytom around the same date and they have reached me a couple of weeks ago.I dont really know if i would order from discogs again.
Cheers!
Anand

I think a lot depends on the country the seller is shipping from. I have waited for stuff for as long as a month sometimes, and it has reached me after that. Sometimes the shipping period is a week or 10 days (e.g. from snowrecords Japan). Sometimes the package just sits at Customs (Delhi, e.g.) for a couple of weeks or more without anything happening - and the status does not get updated. So it's likely the source country and not Discogs (which, after all, is a marketplace for sellers) which is the reason for the delay in this case. Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Anand
Hi Anand,
This usually happens during Dec/Jan. Could be the customs have a large backlog to clear on account of increased online purchases during Christmas. I am facing the same problem - no tracking update for 10 days now. So probably lying with the customs and will be updated in another week. I wouldn't worry about it.

I think a lot depends on the country the seller is shipping from. I have waited for stuff for as long as a month sometimes, and it has reached me after that. Sometimes the shipping period is a week or 10 days (e.g. from snowrecords Japan). Sometimes the package just sits at Customs (Delhi, e.g.) for a couple of weeks or more without anything happening - and the status does not get updated. So it's likely the source country and not Discogs (which, after all, is a marketplace for sellers) which is the reason for the delay in this case. Hope this helps.
Mine was shipped from the US on the 12th of dec there has been no tracking updates since the 17th of dec. so I don’t really know who to talk to.

Hi Anand,
This usually happens during Dec/Jan. Could be the customs have a large backlog to clear on account of increased online purchases during Christmas. I am facing the same problem - no tracking update for 10 days now. So probably lying with the customs and will be updated in another week. I wouldn't worry about it.
I haven’t had a tracking update since dec 17th... I was wondering who would have some answer. Cos I knw I wouldn’t be ordering from discogs again if this shipment doesn’t arrive.

Mine was shipped from the US on the 12th of dec there has been no tracking updates since the 17th of dec. so I don’t really know who to talk to.
Just to share my experience - I had something shipped on the 15th December, and the status stopped updating after the 20th. Then it was updated again on the 4th Jan, after a gap of two weeks. It was just lying there at Delhi. How are you tracking it? I usually use https://t.17track.net/en?nums=abc (replace abc with your tracking id)

Just to share my experience - I had something shipped on the 15th December, and the status stopped updating after the 20th. Then it was updated again on the 4th Jan, after a gap of two weeks. It was just lying there at Delhi. How are you tracking it? I usually use https://t.17track.net/en?nums=abc (replace abc with your tracking id)
I have been given a usps tracking number so have been tracking both on usps and india post

I used to buy a lot from Amazon UK, as they used to do free shipping for orders over 25 pounds, and used to reach here pretty quick in about 2 weeks. Of late however, they have been shipping via DHL, which means it reaches much faster but attracts customs, gst, handling fees, and dhl fees. The price of the service is now as much as the price of the record itself, which is a big bummer. Will now need to look for other options for new items.

No it just says in transit to destination . And also when I track it via india post it says tracking details not found
FWIW, this happened to me, and then one day it started showing on the India Post tracking. I am not sure that this is the same situation, though. I hope it reaches you soon.

I haven’t had a tracking update since dec 17th... I was wondering who would have some answer. Cos I knw I wouldn’t be ordering from discogs again if this shipment doesn’t arrive.
Anand...Just checked tracking. It finally updated and my parcel has reached Bangalore. Any updates on yours?

I have made over 30 purchases on Discogs. I have always received all packages eventually.
Yes, packages sent loose all tracking information, in most cases, once they reach India.
In the case of 2 purchases, where overall value was high, I have been charged customs duty(collected by the courier company)
The main issue of Discogs is - if you are looking for a particular title & you find the ideal seller for that title - to make the shipment charges worthwhile you have to pick up a few more titles from the same seller - these may not be titles you would buy ordinarily. But this way the shipment charges per title works out.

Overall Discogs is FANTASTIC. I have heard many complaints about how vinyl is not available. Also many in India who have bought up old lots are jacking up prices of old vinyl to absurd levels (this includes the famous Moore Market gentleman).
Discogs for me is the perfect solution. Almost every recording is available (for a price - which I think is fair)
Discogs gives you an option to bargain on large purchases as well

I ordered some CD's from Discogs, 10 in total, out of which 4 shipped and reached me within 2 weeks of ordering, balance 6 CD's not yet reached and it's been 2 months since shipped. This seller usually ships from different locations which is why the shipment is broken up, but 2 months is pretty long. Will wait another month max and then ask for a refund.

I ordered some CD's from Discogs, 10 in total, out of which 4 shipped and reached me within 2 weeks of ordering, balance 6 CD's not yet reached and it's been 2 months since shipped. This seller usually ships from different locations which is why the shipment is broken up, but 2 months is pretty long. Will wait another month max and then ask for a refund.
No tracking?

That is strange. The rating system on Discogs usually keeps the sellers honest about both shipments & condition of media supplied

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back