Issues with Roon + Hq Player playback

eastofthesun

Hi Guys , I am using Roon as my computer audio software and am extremely happy with it. I just downloaded HQ player to run along with Roon cos i heard rave review about them together. The output does sound a few notches better but my only issue is that the interface is extremely sluggish. Any idea what could be the reason?. Any advice would be most welcome. BTW this is a trial version i am using. So would like to know if th:sad:is problem will persist if I buy the software.

Cheers!
Anand

STEREO: Transrotor zet 1 TT, Transrotor 8.2 MC reference phono stage, Ortofon rondo red cartridge, MSB Platinum iv DAC, MSB DATA TRANSPORT iv CD transport, mola mola Kaluga power amplifiers, Transparent audio Ultra cables and interconnects, Transparent audio premium USB cable, Transparent audio Reference Power cables Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Mac book air with Roon, Joseph Audio Perspectives Floor standers, Stillpoints Aperture Acoustic panels, Stillpoints Ultra mini isolators, Blue jeans CAT6a cables. Transparent Audio Power isolators mm2.

HT1: Optoma HD 82 projector, I box media player, Synology D 415 play 12 TB RAID NAS drive, Anthem MRX 500 AV receiver, B & W center & DALI surrounds, REL T5 subwoofer.

HT2: Panasonic 42' Plasma, Monitor audio Radius R250 center and front speakers, Radius R90 surrounds and radius R360 subwoofer. Dune media player and pioneer BDP 140 blu ray player.

Just saw this thread. Have you got this resolved?
Most likely was an issue with the computer not having enough power.

HQPlayer uses massive amount of computing power. Roon not so much.
In fact Roon now sounds very good just by itself.

However, HQPlayer offers the best benefits with discrete DAC designs.
If the MSB forces its filters on top of what HQP is doing you probably are going to miss out.
You really have to try and see if the difference is noticeable in your setup.

Regards

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back