Buying Music Online ? - Share your 'Vendor feedback' & 'Discounts available'

Heres a glimpse of how well packed my orders came from Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472

1) Box with 4 CDs ordered
Shipping time: 8th day of the order placed

p1000978b.jpg

2) Box-in-Box packing for 11 Vinyls
Shipping time: 8th day of the order placed

p1010059o.jpg

Cheers
Sid

Hi,
I have ordered some vinyls from www.acousticsounds.com via express mail international which they are saying is trackable but hasn't provided any tracking number. Does anybody has any experience of ordering vinyls from that site and quality of packaging.
Thanks.

Acoustic sounds is also well respect. Fellow member - Shaizada speaks highly of them.

1) Did you not get a mail on your mail id with the reference number you can track with? or on your 'order status' section on their website?

If you have picked the cheapest USPS (United states postal service) then tracking could certainly be an issue. You wont be able to track it.

2) You should write to them on their mail id giving your order reference or invoice reference on how to track the package. Do it now, so that you can have the reply overnight.

Wishes

Hi,
I have ordered some vinyls from Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment | Acoustic Sounds via express mail international which they are saying is trackable but hasn't provided any tracking number. Does anybody has any experience of ordering vinyls from that site and quality of packaging.
Thanks.

well I have sent them few mails and they are not replying. They are saying it is trackable. Lets see what is going on. In their website it is mentioned that it is shipped.:)

Hi guys,
to my utter surprize the today I received the shipment of vinyls from acoustic sounds. It took 12 days with priority mail international USPS. Not too bad. The behavior of acousticsound was bit strange though.They didn't provide me any tracking code in the first place. Wrote couple of emails and didn't get any reply. When I finally called them then they gave me the tracking code. Bought some western classical used vinyls from them at very attractive price. They look pretty good a bit dusty. Hopefully once I clean them they will sound beautiful. The new ones sound really good.
Thanks.

Hi guys,
to my utter surprize the today I received the shipment of vinyls from acoustic sounds. It took 12 days with priority mail international USPS. Not too bad. The behavior of acousticsound was bit strange though.They didn't provide me any tracking code in the first place. Wrote couple of emails and didn't get any reply. When I finally called them then they gave me the tracking code. Bought some western classical used vinyls from them at very attractive price. They look pretty good a bit dusty. Hopefully once I clean them they will sound beautiful. The new ones sound really good.
Thanks.

Finally ! Congrats bro.. what all did you get. Was packing was fine?

Hi siddharth,
thanks. well the packing was very good.
I got
ATAC_L991__38994__01152009115648-2625.jpg

AATL_1312__60441__05292009114001-3051.jpg

AVER_1243301__56654__01152009125108-1830.jpg

Genious of Mozart. 4LP set from masterpiece series.
Romantic Symphonis 4lp set from masterpiece series.

Thanks.

Have brought around 30 CD's from Rhythm House in the last couple of weeks.Completely satisfied with service as well as their collection.There was around 25 K left over after I completed my purchase of a two channel set up.At 300/-per CD that is good enough for 80 CD's.Buying only Jazz CD's from 1940-1970(modern jazz and indeed ALL music released after the mid 70's is sleep inducing)which have been remastered in the last decade.Prices of CD's issued in the last 10 years are much cheaper than the badly recorded earlier versions still floating around.
I first research quality of recording/material on CD Universe - Your Online Music Store and other CD/Jazz sites before placing order.Brought CD's of Oscar Peterson,Dexter Gordon,Sonny Stitt,Dizzy Gillespie,Charlie Parker,John Coltrane,Miles Davis,Ray Charles,Nat King Cole,James Brown,Nina Simone etc.The prior research ensured that I did not buy any duds!
*Rhythm House- No discounts but shipping (48 hours through DTDC) is free.

Last edited:
did you buy used vinyls? Can you send a link?

Hi guys,
Thanks.

Hi anm,
acousticsounds has a entire section dedicated to used vinyl.
Vinyl Records, SACDs, DVD Audio, Audiophile Equipment | Acoustic Sounds But I am yet to be convinced about the quality of used vinyls bought online. If the same used lp is available in India I will always buy the local one since it is cheaper. But it is also the case that not all titles are available here. Also audiogon.com , amazon.com and ebay.com are good places for buying used lp.

Hi sups,
the Diana Krall album I got is vinyl not CD. I don't know about the difference in audio quality since I don't have the cd you mentioned. In general I find vinyls have more immediate presence compared to CDs in my system and room.
Thanks.

Hi sups,
the Diana Krall album I got is vinyl not CD. I don't know about the difference in audio quality since I don't have the cd you mentioned. In general I find vinyls have more immediate presence compared to CDs in my system and room.
Thanks.

Thanks Mahiruha.

One more question. The site from where you bought the album has CD options as well. Do you know if there is a way to check that the CD quality in the site is same as that we get in big stores like rhythm house?

Hi Sups,
I don't know much about cds since I don't buy that many CDs. But whatever little number I have I found if you are buying the cd of an international artist it is better to buy ones that are imported from abroad.The quality of cds that are produced in India are not that good with some exceptions. If you are particularly interested in Jazz Viren Bakshi from Lyrita Audio New Delhi has huge collection to offer.
Thanks.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back