Buying TV from another city.

Placing the TV on the Volvo aisle should not be a problem. But getting it inside through the door could be an issue. Once its in the Volvo, I am confident that my TV will be very safe. In case I go for this option, I will make sure that I get an assurance to place it inside before I book the ticket. And I know Govt. bus will never allow this. So private buses are the only option.

Is getting item in a bus illegal? Someone mentioned about the octroi charges. Is it applicable when we move a goods across states or even district? Will it be applicable in my case?

Just wanted to update you all on this. Thanks everyone for the response.

So finally booked the TV. After discussing with Udupi/Blore branch managers, they agreed to ship the TV from Blore branch to Udupi. I did the payment in Udupi branch and collecting the TV from here. I will be bearing the transportation cost from Blore to Udupi which is likely to be about Rs. 500. So got the TV at same Blore price :)
So I didnt even had to go to Blore for billing.

So two take away points :
1. Some companies do allow you to pay in one branch and get it transferred to another branch.
In my case, I paid at Udupi even though I am buying TV from Blore branch.

2. Some companies do ship TV from billing branch to the branch you want.
As per Pai International assurance(just oral though), I am entitled to seek replacement TV in case of transit damages. I can do this at my local branch. (i.e. I need not send it back to Blore). As per them, even the dealers get the TV from manufacturers via local transportation companies. In my case, VRL will be used. Even Sony TVs also come in the same.

I will be getting the TV only next weekend. So until then keeping my fingers crossed :)

Just to be clear, I am not encouraging anyone to ship TV in courier. And I am not responsible for any damages that you may incur in doing so :)
Just wanted to let you know this option.

Off-topic: I casually enquired the TV at Udupi and I was quoted 70K :) He said the MRP was ~79K and 9K is the discount. I bargained a little quoting that e-zone was giving it for 60K. Even then they would not go below 69K(which was the DP). Thats when I told about the 62K offer from another branch of Pai. He was perplexed. He was not ready to believe me and called the Blore branch for confirmation. Then after some discussion agreed for the same price. :)

Congrats! You are lucky to work out everything in your favour!

Could it be possible that Udupi branch will only deliver the TV, and under the pretext of shipping, collecting an additional Rs. 500 margin?

Anyway who cares, you have a good deal!

Could it be possible that Udupi branch will only deliver the TV, and under the pretext of shipping, collecting an additional Rs. 500 margin?
I felt so.

They said that the TV companies ship them directly and in this case, they are shipping from one office to other. So the cost. Then I asked why not ask LG to ship it directly to Udupi ;) Then he gave another reason that margin is already slim bcoz of steep discount.
So I didn't pursue much as I felt its OK to pay. Even if I had to travel to Blore, I would have had to spend more than that.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back