CA 640V2 VS Marantz PM7003

Hi Sumit,
Am glad u like the combo and are happy with the sound.
Now just buy music and enjoy. Dont listen to any of my suggestions on cable or any other upgrades:D:D:D
Rgds

Hello All!!

With Dinyaar's help, have finally bought the amp. I have bought used ( but mint condition) NAD C160 and C 214 combo. I believe this combo should be better than NAD 375 but I cannot say for sure.

I hooked it up yesterday and I noticed the following changes over my AVR:
1. Much better dynamics.
2. Immense clarity even at lower volumes.
3. Soundstage has increased drastically.
4. Midrange is better.
5. Bass is Punchy and Treble is soothing. Earlier it used to be shrill.
Basically, it beats the hell out of the AVR sound!!!

I thank Dinyaar and all others for there help during these confusing times. :clapping:

Sumit
Great. Enjoy ;)
Don't have any doubt about it, It is better than the 375. I had once checked out the nad pre/power when I had the c350 and the 370.This is was the older c160/270 combo. The pre-power is way ahead in the the finer nuances which makes all the difference.
Seperate chassis and dedicated power supply to the pre and power makes all the difference.

Last edited:
enjoy the music sumit. amps the likes of nad does make you realize that avrs arent for music

Hey Guys,
All i told Sumit was not go and spend the amount of money on those new Nads but instead contact Ramesh (hifipal4all) in bangalore and look for some used gear. Luckily for him Ramesh had something for him at a good price and i guess both are happy with the deal. There is tons of gear floating around and seems good value on the face of it.
85 K for the Nad 375 semed too much to digest for me.
Rgds

Hi:

Actually, I found PM7001 to be a powerful amp with an iron grip over songs, this I found out after a hurried purchase of CA 640A V2 amp, and am still kicking myself for my blunder. Now, I had this 640 for almost an year, and am able to live with it. But, still I very much like PM7001.

Having said that, the latest PM7003 would be defintely better than 7001, but I haven't heard them. It would be a worthy purchase than the 640 IMO.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back