Cabinets / Enclosures for DIY-projects

hydrovac

Hi all!

I was looking for an enclosure for a pre-amp I am building... I really would like something a little nicer preferably pre-drilled one with two knobs (one for source and one for volume)... couldn't find any real good leads on this.
There are couple on E-bay but either they have logo/text I do not need or description is too vague that I do not even know what diameter the holes are... and are expensive.

I came across this thread on HFV... he can do customization on your enclosure.
For now I've gone ahead and ordered two cabs... with 6mm Al face plate + some holes & other bits, it came to 2500 + shipping.
Not bad at all, and it seems for now to be the most "local" solution I could find.

There will always be the next project! ... I'll certainly be keeping an eye on Beginner-N for future builds.

Pics of enclosures:
20190421_094403.jpg20190421_094551.jpg20190421_094805.jpg20190421_094900.jpg20190421_095327.jpg20190421_095335.jpg20190421_095418.jpg

Is that price (Rs.2500) for one cabinat or two?
Also please share the thread link from where you ordered.
Thanks

Is that price (Rs.2500) for one cabinat or two?
Also please share the thread link from where you ordered.
Thanks

The price is 2.5K per enclosure + shipping... you can ping Nishant for any other details.

Hi all!

I was looking for an enclosure for a pre-amp I am building... I really would like something a little nicer preferably pre-drilled one with two knobs (one for source and one for volume)... couldn't find any real good leads on this.
There are couple on E-bay but either they have logo/text I do not need or description is too vague that I do not even know what diameter the holes are... and are expensive.

For now I've gone ahead and ordered two cabs... with 6mm Al face plate + some holes & other bits, it came to 2500 + shipping.
Not bad at all, and it seems for now to be the most "local" solution I could find.

There will always be the next project! ... I'll certainly be keeping an eye on Beginner-N for future builds.

Pics of enclosures:
View attachment 35381View attachment 35382View attachment 35383View attachment 35384View attachment 35385View attachment 35386View attachment 35387

Thank you for your kind word.

Means a lot when you see satisfied user. Always looking for any improvements that you have after assembly, so that others can be benefited.

Regards,
Nishant

Hi all!

Pics of enclosures:
View attachment 35381View attachment 35382View attachment 35383View attachment 35384View attachment 35385View attachment 35386View attachment 35387

Nice work Nishant.

This is really great work, Nishant. Can you please tell us a bit more about options you can provide? Are these cut on laser, or some other automated cutting machines? The holes look really neat -- definitely not hand-drilled. Can you do any cutouts on front and rear panel? What about doing groove (a straight line a few inches long, maybe 3-5mm wide, maybe 2mm deep, where one can then drill small holes for LED indicators)?

This is really great work, Nishant. Can you please tell us a bit more about options you can provide? Are these cut on laser, or some other automated cutting machines? The holes look really neat -- definitely not hand-drilled. Can you do any cutouts on front and rear panel? What about doing groove (a straight line a few inches long, maybe 3-5mm wide, maybe 2mm deep, where one can then drill small holes for LED indicators)?
Thank-you for appreciating.

Front plate is machine drilled. And yes all kinds of designs on front plate are possible. It just adds to the cost. These are made to order.

Regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back