Cable talk-Qed,Kimber,Nordost

hmmm

i like the part where he reminds us that you use 1000$/metre for a power cable and youve only got a 2 dollar cable connecting your walwart to the mains of the house

Guess he does makes a lot of sense!

While I did not watch the entire thing note that he never once talks about (at least in the portion I made it through) actually having listened to cables and done a comparison.

I agree that much of what cables do is unexplainable by our current ability to measure. But there are many things in physics, etc that are unexplainable but the effects are quite observable. I believe the effects of cable will become measureable as our ability to measure becomes more sophisticated.

So at the moment, to be a real audiophile & high-end'er is to listen to good quality equipment and make your objective judgements on what you hear. Comparing what you hear to real live unamplified instruments is your measure for objective assessments.

If you do this you'll find that having no actual experience this guy makes no sense.

Finally, I'll ask you: In what other field would you trust anyone who speaks with no actual experience? In every field "book" smarts or "they say" smarts is very different than actual experience.

While I did not watch the entire thing note that he never once talks about (at least in the portion I made it through) actually having listened to cables and done a comparison.

I agree that much of what cables do is unexplainable by our current ability to measure. But there are many things in physics, etc that are unexplainable but the effects are quite observable. I believe the effects of cable will become measureable as our ability to measure becomes more sophisticated.

So at the moment, to be a real audiophile & high-end'er is to listen to good quality equipment and make your objective judgements on what you hear. Comparing what you hear to real live unamplified instruments is your measure for objective assessments.

If you do this you'll find that having no actual experience this guy makes no sense.

Finally, I'll ask you: In what other field would you trust anyone who speaks with no actual experience? In every field "book" smarts or "they say" smarts is very different than actual experience.

See, since everything is subjective, like, the expense of the Cables and interconnects to the actual cost of the equipment etc, I think the point the guy is trying to make is to not go sooooo overboard.

Also, instead of trusting the manufacturers claims blindly, one can also trust one's own ears... isn't it?

have been using the Chord chameleon interconnects with the chord odyssey4 speaker cables for some time and the results have been extremely good

the difference when i upgraded from monster ICs and Monster spker wires was instantly noticed

I have many systems and have come across many systems and have used many of the above cables you have mentioned qed chord cable talk kimber audio quest many types belden supra liberty monster arrow eagles and many types. Same in the ic my system cayin kt88 amplifier marantz cd 63se jmlab tantal tower and another one is micrex valve pre luxicon power amp quad 22l. In my experience i speak everything depends matching. One of my cable which i feel good with one system not necessarily to be matching with other system. Once you match with your system and acoustic and your ears which seems
to be less fatique listening and sweet you should not change the setup before that you go for experiment. Have less believe on reviews quality is not in size and show. Because chord uk speaker cables are lean but great in sounding that means clean music no hiss or no hum the cable which brings out upto the natural with out from the source is the good one thanks it is my first writing in this column AUDIO DYNAMICS BANGALORE SUGGESTIONS ARE MORE RELEVANT YOU CAN SEEK THE HELP OF MR ABISHIEK FOR ANY KIND OF INTER LINK THANKS

have been using the Chord chameleon interconnects with the chord odyssey4 speaker cables for some time and the results have been extremely good

the difference when i upgraded from monster ICs and Monster spker wires was instantly noticed

forgot to thank abishek from audio dynamics bangalore for exposing me to the chord cables

Dear friends,
Could anyone kindly guide me to the appropriate, reliable vendors in DELHI or else India who are known to NOT rip off buyers.

Looking to step up my Interconnects, cables & Power chords.

Thanks
Sid

I am surprised that here in this thread we are talking about VFM cables and nobody has uttered one of the best in the business "MOGAMI".
They make excellent cables and cater to most of the major studios in the world.
Their speaker cables and interconnects are one of the finest for under 20k price point. They have a speaker cable model called W3103. This retails for Rs.350 per meter and is available in Mumbai with Pace Communication:
Pace Communications

These are made in Japan and they use very pure copper. The tones are smooth and neutral. If you really want to use a neutral cable without spending much, this is as good as it gets.

They also have IC which I have heard at a friend's place and they gain are very clean, smooth and neutral.

For power cord the best VFM I have come across is Finolex 4sqmm, braided and terminated with good quality connectors (Wattgate, Furutech, Oyaide), simply unbeatable sound quality from a wire which costs just about 25 rupees a meter. Just spend on the connectors.
Currently my whole system is powered through Finolex and the drop in noise floor is phenomenal along with a very full bodied wholesome soundstage.

Completely agree with Dr. Bass here.
The Mogami is as good as it gets if you are on a budget. Even if you are not on a budget, they are the ones to get. To beat them, you need to spend lot of money. I liked the TDK cables with ARN systems as well. Slightly different sound but quite nice. I have tried out most of the budget (usual suspects) like Belden, Cat5 etc. these beat them by Miles !
The DIY power cord with braided Finolex has replaced some very hi-end (costing upwards of 10k) power cords in the hifi scene in Bangalore. I do not want to get into names as audiophiles are very sensitive about the gear they own. Do not PM me about this, Ill not tell you the names ;)

Last edited:
i was actaully looking for these
By ill informend grapevine however gave me the feeling that these were way out of my budgets

350rs/metre is umm just on my boderline

Anyone wants to sell their usedones :D

Dr bass what about thier budget interconnects?

cant seem to find any cables on their website

I am surprised that here in this thread we are talking about VFM cables and nobody has uttered one of the best in the business "MOGAMI".
They make excellent cables and cater to most of the major studios in the world.
Their speaker cables and interconnects are one of the finest for under 20k price point. They have a speaker cable model called W3103. This retails for Rs.350 per meter and is available in Mumbai with Pace Communication:
Pace Communications

These are made in Japan and they use very pure copper. The tones are smooth and neutral. If you really want to use a neutral cable without spending much, this is as good as it gets.

They also have IC which I have heard at a friend's place and they gain are very clean, smooth and neutral.

For power cord the best VFM I have come across is Finolex 4sqmm, braided and terminated with good quality connectors (Wattgate, Furutech, Oyaide), simply unbeatable sound quality from a wire which costs just about 25 rupees a meter. Just spend on the connectors.
Currently my whole system is powered through Finolex and the drop in noise floor is phenomenal along with a very full bodied wholesome soundstage.

Been planning to get Mogami since a long time. Just waiting to move house after which I will pick them up.

Is there a specific model/part number to go for? I saw many types of speaker cable at their website.

Regards

Is there a specific model/part number to go for? I saw many types of speaker cable at their website.

Regards

As mentioned it is W3103 for the spk cables.
I do not know the part number for IC, but one google search will give you all the info.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back