Cable talk-Qed,Kimber,Nordost

Hi Neo,
Well all i have left in transparent is the Music Link Super. This is an older version and not the new MM2. Actually this KCAG is a friends and he refuses to sell them even though they sound brittle and bright in his set up. Both these sound very different Neo with the Silver Kimber having a bit more detail in the HF and the Transparent having much much better bass( punchy, solid bass)

Actually over the last year i have sold off a lot of budget IC /speaker cables and now have barely anything apart from the ones i use. Would love to buy a silver streak if offered pre owned at a fair price. I think the transparent and the kimbers that u are trying are damn good. I didnt know of new silver heros as the one i tried was an old all copper IC with very good WBT RCA.
The pricing i was told recently of all kimber cables here was a bit shocking.
Rgds

Interesting findings! How do you rate the super compared to your earlier plus? Is it a dramatic improvement across the board? I might put up a pair of the plus for sale soon as they don't seem to gel too well with my setup. They are a bit too forward sounding.

I'm not sure but my friend may not be using the silver streak.Will see if he want's to sell it.
Cheers.

Interesting findings! How do you rate the super compared to your earlier plus? Is it a dramatic improvement across the board? I might put up a pair of the plus for sale soon as they don't seem to gel too well with my setup. They are a bit too forward sounding.

Hi again,
Well its a better cable in all aspects. Superb RCA plugs too.I did not find the plus bright in my set up
though. Bass control is the major improvement of super over the plus, detailing is good in both and the trebles are nice and not rolled off at all.
See ROC its not night and day and i would not pay double for a super but since the difference was a mere 2K i took it.
Rgds

Last edited:
Hi again,
Well its a better cable in all aspects. I did not find the plus bright in my set up
though. Bass control is the major improvement of super over the plus, detailing is good in both and the trebles are nice and not rolled off at all.
See ROC its not night and day and i would not pay double for a super but since the difference was a mere 2K i took it.
Rgds

Thank you for the comments. An upgrade for 2k is very well justified :D. Did you notice a more expansive imaging with super? Compared to the Usher Rapport (these are not too well known silver cables), I felt the soundstage was a bit more constricted with the Music Link Plus. I think this could be an equipment matching issue though.

Thank you for the comments. An upgrade for 2k is very well justified :D. Did you notice a more expansive imaging with super? Compared to the Usher Rapport (these are not too well known silver cables), I felt the soundstage was a bit more constricted with the Music Link Plus. I think this could be an equipment matching issue though.

Hi ROC,
Transparent will have u believe that the difference between the plus /super/ultra / reference is huge as u go up the chain. My set up is fairly revealing and the 805s image well and in my set up i did not find a really expansive soundstage or could place the instruments any better with the super as compared to the plus. Just a firmer/punchier and better defined bass. I feel the transparents excel at bass while the treble can be edgy in certain set ups. Had the link 200 and the music link earlier and the plus was a definate improvement. None of my cables are the new MM2 if that matters.
Rgds

Hey! Just in case any ones intrested. The solitone cables are available in india through a contact in mumbai.

Checked with a few of audiophile friends. In their opinion also it is a good cable,but acc to them it sounds good only with a warm sounding amp.
All the best.
Cheers.

I once tried SOLITONE analog interconnects and speaker cables on my system for an extended period, however not pleased much. In fact I found my existing VDH set better than Solitone.

I was having Siltech PARIS i/c around the same time and compared both Solitone and Siltech side by side and found Siltech better than Solitone and Siltech was offered at a much lower price than Solitone.

I would rather upgrade my main component/s than putting some insane amount on speaker cables and/or interconnects. 10% of the total system cost for all cables put together is what one should stick to and save the money for room treatment and/or component upgrade.

cables are too system specific and what works for 1 person may not work the same way (or even work at all ) for another so only way is to try it out

eg I had the exact opposite experience with respect to SuhasG with Solitone ICs compared to the transparent MusicLink+ I have been using for more than a year(which replaced a Nordost Blue heaven) ..the soundstage width and depth opened up beyond the walls and speakers. The clarity and instrument separation also improved perceptibly.
Although in case of speaker cable I preferred the speed and bass offered by the transparent Musicwave+ ..although i do know of folks having a different experience with the same cables !

again 2 years back my system hardly differentiated between cables ... those were good times :(

Last edited:
i would recommend nordost blue heaven or red dawn or fray or Valhalla since they are simply the most non-characteristic,neutral,transparent cables. if one finds it expensive then synergetic research alpha or Tesla.

Last edited:
i have tried a few audio quest cables in my setup and found them to be bad to average but, may be its better in diff setup and if one's setup is not raveling then the cables swapping wont show differences that much and most cables might sound almost similar in that case.

Tara labs and acoustic zen are better.

James Randi claims that in a blind test no one can find the difference between a cheap and an expensive cable.he is willing to pay a million dollars to the one who can win his cable challenge.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/exclusiv...00-challenge-we-search-for-answers-315250.php

Last edited:
What do my freinds here think on the Audioquest cables?

I have used Audioquest cables in my setup and the quality of these cables are good, but the pricing in the Indian markets are very high. You can buy it abroad or order online. BTW are you the New distributor of Denon and Audioquest cables?

Mohan.

folks,i realise that the mentioned brands are more favoured among the members,but any views on the profigold cables and interconnects?cheers

folks,i realise that the mentioned brands are more favoured among the members,but any views on the profigold cables and interconnects?cheers

The Profigold cables are considered to be good VFM , if you have a budget system then these cables will be a good choice. Atallona , Cambridge Audio cables are other budget cables you can consider.

Mohan.

The profigold 4201 are the best you can buy below 1000/- but I found a better cable that sounds more balanced across all frequencies. It is custom made.

Cheers

sorry posted my question in a more appropriate thread as an afterthought

Last edited:
Hi
Anyone knows where can i get a hi quality power cable. I want this for my cousin who is having a vintage Hitachi Power amplifier,. and the Power consumption is 1800watts.

thanks

Back