Cables for Biwiring-simple wish

I think omishra's post says otherwise.
Yes! You are correct.

At the Amplifier output, your have a complex audio signal duly amplified to power the speakers. So mixing, muddling, superposition of sound etc already taken place there because you did not amplify signals separately.

Now only thing remains how this is transported till crossover starting point before each driver. From that binding post to crossover entry you connect good wire - single or bi-wire, theoretically does not matter. But there is an assumption. I hope you are going to use wire with proper electrical properties.

When crossover filter receives that signal it just reacts to allow passage or resist. So IMO it does not matter if it takes signal from one trunk or separate wire. You are already feeding mixed signal.

If you are thinking there could be any push pull effect on wire due to driver sucking current then it could be during bi-wire at amplifier binding post too. But this could not be unless underpowered amplifier.

Yes! You are correct.

At the Amplifier output, your have a complex audio signal duly amplified to power the speakers. So mixing, muddling, superposition of sound etc already taken place there because you did not amplify signals separately.

Now only thing remains how this is transported till crossover starting point before each driver. From that binding post to crossover entry you connect good wire - single or bi-wire, theoretically does not matter. But there is an assumption. I hope you are going to use wire with proper electrical properties.

When crossover filter receives that signal it just reacts to allow passage or resist. So IMO it does not matter if it takes signal from one trunk or separate wire. You are already feeding mixed signal.

If you are thinking there could be any push pull effect on wire due to driver sucking current then it could be during bi-wire at amplifier binding post too. But this could not be unless underpowered amplifier.

Yes mishrajee,
But I was quoting from the post that have explained this high current demand and low current demand thats all..i am not that much technically into this..this post http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-cables/615-bi-wiring-4.html
I hope you got the point..

Hi dheerajin

What I meant was instead of stranded wire use solid core wire. It's a different presentation. You may or may not like it. Give it a shot

ROI means Return on Investment..
If you have invested $$$ on some component of your chain..so it is giving that bang for a buck or not...it is that simple..

I hope you got my point..if not please PM me..

Thought you were referring to it as a financial investment, because thats usually how i've heard ROI being used, but now it's clear.

Did I mention the Finolex pump cable? This was not only attached to multi-lakh speakers, but the owner and the dealer agreed that it sounded better than other cables they tried.

Hi Thad. A question for you. You obviously are one of the most respected and senior members on this forum and you obviously have a lot of knowledge on all things audio (after reading numerous posts of yours).

The question is, if a Finolex Pump cable sounded better than the high end cable that were used on these high end speakers, would it be right to say that all "cable reviews" by the thousands of reviewers in the thousands of magazines and websites, calling cables revealing, subdued, bright and everything in between, and all the brains and technology behind the exotic cables like Prof Van den Hul, Cardas, Kimber, the Nordost and Transparent Audio guys, and all the thousands of audiophiles, including hundreds of audiophiles on this forum, who distinctly hear differences in higher end cables are all either imagining or making stuff up. I would like to hear your perspective please.

Hi Thad. A question for you. You obviously are one of the most respected and senior members on this forum and you obviously have a lot of knowledge on all things audio (after reading numerous posts of yours).

The question is, if a Finolex Pump cable sounded better than the high end cable that were used on these high end speakers, would it be right to say that all "cable reviews" by the thousands of reviewers in the thousands of magazines and websites, calling cables revealing, subdued, bright and everything in between, and all the brains and technology behind the exotic cables like Prof Van den Hul, Cardas, Kimber, the Nordost and Transparent Audio guys, and all the thousands of audiophiles, including hundreds of audiophiles on this forum, who distinctly hear differences in higher end cables are all either imagining or making stuff up. I would like to hear your perspective please.

Hi ozzy,

You are going against the disclaimer of the first post.
Whatever you want to ask , can ask in PM to Thad.
This is being OT and this was discussed several times in other threads.
This thread about Bi-wiring and cables facts with real scientific proof not on heard basis.
Please dont take this thread OT.

Thanks

Dheeraj

Last edited:
Hi dheerajin

What I meant was instead of stranded wire use solid core wire. It's a different presentation. You may or may not like it. Give it a shot

Yes, Prem,
sure would give a shot..
But not sure about different presentation..lets see..

Hi ozzy,

You are going against the disclaimer of the first post.
Whatever you want to ask , can ask in PM to Thad.
This is being OT and this was discussed several times in other threads.
This thread about Bi-wiring and cables facts with real scientific proof not on heard basis.
Please dont take this thread OT.

Thanks

Dheeraj

Sorry Dheeraj. Having said that, why so serious about scientific facts and all? This is a hobbyists forum, and we are not trying to write some thesis. I am still sticking to the topic of cables, snake oil, etc. Anyway, if you are getting offended, cool.

Sorry Dheeraj. Having said that, why so serious about scientific facts and all? This is a hobbyists forum, and we are not trying to write some thesis. I am still sticking to the topic of cables, snake oil, etc. Anyway, if you are getting offended, cool.

Ozzy,
:lol: you dont know the history of cable discussion in the forum, thats why you are talking like this. Please ask anyone you know in the forum who is associated with HFV since long then you would understand.

Previously there were divorces, orgies, groupies, extramarital :D and what not happened in HFV family due to cables alone. Thats why I made such a disclaimer in original post. If you are happy with listening with different cables then keep believing, dont make others believe who are non believer. at least you are hearing something extra that people like me are not able to do so why to think about people like us. Forget about us and this discussion.

Life is too short for things.like this...so keep enjoying music...

Cheers
Dheeraj

Last edited:
A bit late in the day, but two VFM speaker cables are Belden 5T00UP and Mogami 3103. I have used the later and it sounds real good. Costs less than $3 per foot. I think the Belden also costs also similar. Unfortunately I haven't found any retailer for either in India. Kiran Sales in Mumbai stocks a Belden speaker cable (I forgot the model number) which is 16 AWG. I didn't try it as this particular model is not thick enough for my taste:) and the strands are tinned copper. But then there is a school which believes tinned Belden speakers sound best. I have read somewhere that Kondo (or was it Shindo?) uses Belden's tinned copper speaker cables. A future project for me is to try solid core copper cable (I have some 13 AWG solid core). I have tried it as power cable and it is quite good.

PS: I'm currently using shotgun two speaker cables, but my wooden ears don't hear any difference:)

Last edited:
Once I owned NAD-C356 and I got quite positive result with bi-wiring, but later with DENON-PMA1510 bi-wiring become fruitless. Both of the time my speaker was Polk Rti-A7.

Once I owned NAD-C356 and I got quite positive result with bi-wiring, but later with DENON-PMA1510 bi-wiring become fruitless. Both of the time my speaker was Polk Rti-A7.

Yes Saikat,

Absolutely correct. If amp is not a high current amp, you will get good results with Bi-wiring. Same thing has happened with me for NAD 375. If you see the specification of your Denon, it is high current amp and for such type of amps bi-wiring brings negligible difference.

And now I am very much happy with Chord silver screen.Because of its silver enveloping screening shield it produces stable sound,though I do not see much difference in other areas.
Thanks to your cable switching experience, it encouraged me to do something with my cable and I found DAC interconnect very good compared to my earlier interconnect.
Bi-wiring with new cable is giving me good separation and sound stage.
Cheers
Dheeraj

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back