Cables from UK

deepakgang

Hi All,

Im in UK for some months and I was wondering if I cud buy any thing cheaper from there. Somthing which will not add too much weignt to my baggage would be cables. I have come across the below site. If someone cud just check and let me know if these prices are cheaper than in India...

Cables | HiFi 4 Less

I need two interconnects for CDP - Pre and Pre-Power
And a pair to connect to my speakersd (bi wiring would be better)

Thanks,
Deepal

Hi All,

Im in UK for some months and I was wondering if I cud buy any thing cheaper from there. Somthing which will not add too much weignt to my baggage would be cables. I have come across the below site. If someone cud just check and let me know if these prices are cheaper than in India...

Cables | HiFi 4 Less

Thanks,
Deepal

Deepka it is difficult to make a exact comparison. even if we shortlist the brand, The exact models may not be available here, and then there is the length and other considerations.

Generally all imported products will be 20 to 50% more in India to take care of customs, transportation, and distributor/dealer margins. For example the Chord Silver Screen is quoted at 5.4 Pounds which works out to INR437 per meter. In India this is sold at a minimum of Rs.550/- per meter.

A couple of interconnects will not weigh anything. I am not sure how much length you need for speaker cables. If it is 10 to 12 feet, it may be worthwhile bringing them from the UK. At the same time,. a 16 gauge cable of 50 meters will be heavy. For speakers cables, what you can do is pick up the spades and end connectors in the UK, and buy the cable in India, IF you are looking at long lengths.

Instead of buying through the Net, take a walk across Tottenham Court Road. There you will be able to bargain hard, compare a few products. and pick up what you like. Some of the shops may even show you a demo of the connectors and cables, particularly if they are connected to their demo systems. Most important you can see the product, and I am sure the salesman will also help you interconnects that will work well with your system.

If you have short listed some particular brand and model number, may some of us can ask around and see what price are quoted here.

Cheers

Hi All,

Cables | HiFi 4 Less

Thanks,
Deepal

Hi Deepak,
Have no clue of your set up so this is just a blind recommendation!!
Cables in the UK are always cheaper than India. The difference is even more if u dont buy pre terminated.( Buy from the reel + buy connectors and solder yourself or get someone to do it).
Saw the link and i cant really recommend anything from it as i didnt think there is anything special. I had lots of VDH not any more and i have tried the chords listed in my set up(except the new silver screen but its the same cable with a better screen as the carnival silver plus).
Since u are in london go to Totenham Court road and ask around for a place called SHASONIC. Buy SUPRA EFF interconnects @ 35 GBP(1 meter pair). U can get them with lockable RCA too at a 5 pound premium and buy the matching supra speaker cable in the length u require. If u must biwire i think the RONDO is the desired option. Buy spades/bananas seperately and u are set. Supra cables are very well made and nice sounding and UK price is roughly half of local price.

Cables that i whole heartedly endorse and like are Transparent audio but prices in UK or US are steep and also this super revealing cable may not work in every set up.
Regards

Last edited:
Thanks for the advises chaps.

When I go to London Ill defenitely go to the Tottenham road and check out the brands and prices and come back. I am not sure how easy will it be for me if I buy the cables and terminators separately and then try to connect them on my own. Might be straight forward - I havent played with cables.
well i just need 4m *2 speaker cables.

cdp,pre and power are NAD

Deepak:

What you can also do is called NAD's support centre ad ask them what their recommended connectors and speaker cables are for their equipment at different price ranges.

The other thing you can do is to locate NAD dealers in Tottenham Court Road and visit them. They may be able to recommend the best match for you system.

NAD is a UK company and should be easy.

Cheers

Deepak

In UK, you can bargain well for QED cables, as they are manufactured there they should be a good bargain, and not to mention, they are among the good cables and connectors...

Search for a Armoure Home Distributor/Dealer, out there, and get the deal done...
In India, there 16 gauge cable is Rs.150 per mtr, GBP 1.75 approx..
And connectors are Rs.450 per pair, i.e. GBP 5.25 approx...

Reason for recommending Supra over others in the budget league is that the cables are made by Jenving SE in sweden and not just bought from some bulk manufacturer and branded like QED.
Since u have a NAD set up i whole heartedly suggest Supra as it works well. Buy either the tin coated copper range or the silver coated and am sure u will have very decent cables for very sensible money.
Regards

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back