Mogami / Canare speaker cables

hifimaddy

hi FM's
This is just a general question. Just to understand myself,. I am using Mogami 3103 for my stereo use, and I am very happy with it. I was just wondering if Canare 4S11 or Mogami 3082 would be much better than 3103? anybody using 4s11 or 3082? How is it performing? Your feedback will be much appreciated. or any other cables in this price range and quality.

hi FM's
This is just a general question. Just to understand myself,. I am using Mogami 3103 for my stereo use, and I am very happy with it. I was just wondering if Canare 4S11 or Mogami 3082 would be much better than 3103? anybody using 4s11 or 3082? How is it performing? Your feedback will be much appreciated. or any other cables in this price range and quality.
Hi,
I have used mogami 3103 and canare 4s11 but for me mogami 3103 better,it depends on system again. Never tried 3082.

hi FM's

My two cents:

Re: Assessment of speaker cables in isolation:

I have mogami 3103. IMO they are warm sounding, that it to say they arent very transparent. I immediately noticed a sea of improvement it terms of focus, clarity and transparency when i changed to tellurium Black Q2 and Mogami's own 2804. Mogami's 2804, I guess is double the price of 3103, but well worth it and it will scale well when you go high up the ranks with other component. Also, 3082 is also closely related to 2804, so it will be also quite an upgrade over the 3103.

Note:

Having said this, speaker cables are almost entirely dependent on the chain. Mogami's 2804/3082 is a better cable in terms of design and as a product, but see if you can audition it in your system. Depending on how revealing your system is, you may or may not notice any appreciable changes in sound just by introducing higher quality cables. Conversely, the warmer nature of 3103 may be complimenting well with your generally brighter focals.

My two cents:

Re: Assessment of speaker cables in isolation:

I have mogami 3103. IMO they are warm sounding, that it to say they arent very transparent. I immediately noticed a sea of improvement it terms of focus, clarity and transparency when i changed to tellurium Black Q2 and Mogami's own 2804. Mogami's 2804, I guess is double the price of 3103, but well worth it and it will scale well when you go high up the ranks with other component. Also, 3082 is also closely related to 2804, so it will be also quite an upgrade over the 3103.

Note:

Having said this, speaker cables are almost entirely dependent on the chain. Mogami's 2804/3082 is a better cable in terms of design and as a product, but see if you can audition it in your system. Depending on how revealing your system is, you may or may not notice any appreciable changes in sound just by introducing higher quality cables. Conversely, the warmer nature of 3103 may be complimenting well with your generally brighter focals.
It is good to know this. Yeah, 2804 and 3082 seem to get good reviews over the internet too. very one saying more detail and transparency and auditioning it in my system is difficult. but I will try to borrow from someone to listen to them rather than buy those expensive cables first.

Note: Canera 4s11 seems like 300-500 hours of buring time, and I think 3103 is also something like this. Maybe I am reaching those hours now in my 3103 because I will listen daily for 30 minutes only.

Remember 2804/3082 are coaxial cables. These are great for midrange and up. However don't expect them to do much bass. If possible, I'd biwire with 3082 for tweeter/midrange and 3104 for bass.

Does anyone know where I can but 2-3 metres of Canare 4S6 or 4S8? The Canare India people are only entertaining request for rolls.

I got a tellurium black just to test today and I very much prefer the 3104 with my ATC. While the top end resolution is bettered by many other cables, nothing else can touch the transparency of the mid range that the 3104 brings out in my system. It just sounds so so natural.

I got a tellurium black just to test today and I very much prefer the 3104 with my ATC. While the top end resolution is bettered by many other cables, nothing else can touch the transparency of the mid range that the 3104 brings out in my system. It just sounds so so natural.

In case, if you have experienced 3103 and 3104, how would you rate 3104 in comparison.

Also, since I use Tellurium Q Black 2 (and MOGAMI 2803), how would you rate this 3104.

Obviously all of our chain are different: however if you can give some objective analysis of 3104, it would be helpful.

3104 has slightly more bass weight and slam than 3103. Other than that they sound similar. The tellurium black and also the WSS platin LS4 I have are both more detailed but thinner - it doesn't have the mid range body and warm tone of the mogami. The Platin especially is much more high res compared to the others.

All this is very system dependent and also what you like. With a really high resolution speaker, I would prefer the mogami. With less expensive speakers, the other cables might be better.

I was using 14 AWG normal cable before, and then I brought 3104. I felt a lot of difference between more tight bass and more detailed sound. I was happy with 3104 and have used it for 2 years. but now I feel like upgrading to something else to know the differences.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back