Cabling in new house

Rosenarayanappa

All,
Planning on building a house soon.
Looking for advice on cabling to be done to help with home theatre and pure stereo listening in my lounge and bedrooms.
Not looking for projectors. Atmos maybe.
What cables to use. Earthing tips.
Sockets, connectors to use etc

Hi,

there are multiple aspects to it, for power if you are planning for dedicated room then it is advisable to have separate circuit planned for it along with backup power. On top of it power conditioners and other stuff is your choice. coming to data digital & analog, it is always good to make provisions if you are building new house even if you don’t plan to use now. So keep a provision for your atoms, surrounds, and projector. if your listening area is with floor standing / bookshelf type on stands then much planning for Cabling is not required. All wall power sockets can be universal type for more convenience. for Data make sure you are running a Ethernet cable to HT room and your music listening area, if possible to all rooms. hardwire is more reliable than wireless. And in case you want to use audio distribution or nas type of streaming setup within your house. if you are planning for rear subs and such in the future make sure power provisioning is also planned accordingly. So make provision for all possibilities so it is easy for future installations.

Thanks,
Ram

1. Lapp Cables
2. 3 phase power line
3. 1 phase for analog another for digital
4. Proper Grounding with copper coated GI tubes
5. Hagar MCB and sockets

These are the basics to start with!

Last edited:
Be careful about the service wire provided from the electric line post to house dB.

I don't know about Bangalore, but here in Kerala normal 4square service wires are provided by the electricity board. Inside our house we will be using High-end power conditioner, power cords, special line for audio etc.

But the source is a less conductive 4 or 6 square cable.

Recently I noticed this at my house and waiting for the electricity bord to replace it with a good quality cable.

any suggestions/help for getting 3 rooms connected for laptop, PC, AVR, TV and Soundbar.. I checked netgear orbi router, TP-Link switches. I already have 150mbps internet connection through wireless modem where i see slow speed when connecting thru wifi, so planning to have all the rooms cabled through some options to get better speed.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back