Call to Audio Gurus or Xtreme Media Player owners

kannan_r

Call to Xtreme Media Player owners

Dear Friends,
Read couple of threads to compare XMP versus Popcornhour versus WDTV ,
Reference,
Welcome To Popcorn Hour

I am almost convinced to buy XMP instead of Popcornhour / WDTV. But want to clarify the following with experts / XMP owners ,

Q1)The Popcorn Hour website says, Popcorn Hour even has a built-in download utility, eliminating the need to rely on your PC to download files from the Internet .
Do we have this feature in XMP ?

Q2) The Popcorn Hour website says,Add a Blu-ray drive to turn your Popcorn Hour C-200 into a full-featured Blu-ray player.
Please confirm whether XMP can support DVDrom & Blurayrom drive via USB ?

Q3) The Popcorn Hour website says, Popcorn Hour has a built-in LCD front panel and navigation so you can access, manage and playback your MP3 music without going through the TV interface
In XMP, do we have any built-in LCD front panel. So that when we play mp3, we can navigate through the XMP LCD eliminating the need to switch on the TV itself ?

Q4) From the forums related to XMP, I realized that the built in fan is of lower quality and hence to avoid the fan sound , users will stop it through firmware updates. Stopping the fan will it not lead to over heating of the chip ? Are there any chance that the built in fan quality is currently improved / replaced to avoid the hissing sound.
Reference -
XTREAMER HD Media Player - Comments and Questions - Page 8 - AVForums.com

Thanks.

Last edited:
HI kananan...The two Media players are totally diffrent Xmp is VFM cat and Popcorn Hour c-200 is High-end Media player as far as features goes popcorn hour has got more features Blu-ray/Display/Torrent and has larger RAM even the unit looks like more traditional Dvd player.
Xmp is a good media player with some issues but the new units dont have the fan noise (or is very low) otherwise as far as performance goes XMP is very good and i hope the issues will get solved with future firmware updates.

how do u intended to get Popcorn hour is it available in India or do you want to import it and what is cost...?

deciding in these two would also depend on cost difference...

Re: Call to Xtreme Media Player owners

HI kananan...The two Media players are totally diffrent Xmp is VFM cat and Popcorn Hour c-200 is High-end Media player as ..
how do u intended to get Popcorn hour is it available in India or do you want to import it and what is cost...?
deciding in these two would also depend on cost difference...

Thanks Noking,
I need to order Popcorn hour from their website.

Can I conclude that the following feature is available only with Popcorn and not available with XMP,
1) built-in internet download utility
2) Adding a Blu-ray drive / DVD drive via USB
3) built in LCD panel, eliminating the need to switch on the TV to play mp3,
4) My 256 Kbps broadband line will not play my youtube videos continuously. Is there a way to buffer the video which is possible on PC by pausing the player.

The cost of C-200 is USD 299.00 + shipping charge USD 83.00 = USD 382 almost 18K INR. Whereas XMP is only 10K.
Now I think XMP is better even without the above features.

Re: Call to Xtreme Media Player owners

Thanks Noking,
I need to order Popcorn hour from their website.

Can I conclude that the following feature is available only with Popcorn and not available with XMP,
1) built-in internet download utility
2) Adding a Blu-ray drive / DVD drive via USB
3) built in LCD panel, eliminating the need to switch on the TV to play mp3,
4) My 256 Kbps broadband line will not play my youtube videos continuously. Is there a way to buffer the video which is possible on PC by pausing the player.

The cost of C-200 is USD 299.00 + shipping charge USD 83.00 = USD 382 almost 18K INR. Whereas XMP is only 10K.
Now I think XMP is better even without the above features.

Kannan , i believe you can connect a USB dvd drive to xtreamer,the only challenge is that it will not play any copyright content, but it should be able to play avi and other files of the disk.

I don't feel you should compare the Xtreamer to pop corn hour c 200 as it cost nearly double the xtreamer so definitely it will have more features and options.

The Fan noise is negligible i hardly hear anything , i have been using xtreamer for some time now.

U can get in touch with Sumit at Xtreamer india to order the product, i am sure you wont be disappointed

I have received my XMP yesterday and have set it up with my new G10. It has been performing admirable well so far, except for a hitch in playing videos from internet. This issue was solved after installing the new firmware and now I can browse videos from internet. It also seems to play almost 90% of the downloaded media content without any issue including 1080p content. XMP is mid range media streamer and cannot be compared with WD TV which is a budget player and Popcorn Hour which is a premium category player. It is like comparing a Ford Fiesta with Wagon R and Corolla.

Friends,
I am sure everybody will admit that not all features will be available in the Spec or Compeny's website. Certain useful hidden features will come out to the open stage only through forums like this.
I brought Popcorn in the thread, just for handy reference. Otherwise, I was just trying to figure out if any such feature is available but hidden with XMP. That's it.My intention is not to compare XMP with any other player.

No offence to anyone bro .....

Kannan it;s a good discussion we all had, i guess, if you are planning to go for xtreamer it would have helped you in clarifying any doubts on the same

Kannan it;s a good discussion we all had, i guess, if you are planning to go for xtreamer it would have helped you in clarifying any doubts on the same

Needless to say, the discussion did helped me a lot and even went to the extent of ordering a new one this morning for 10.6K.
So all my archived special English movies are waiting eagerly like me to get a new dimension overall.

Thanks.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the xtreamer family,
do let us know your feedback and review once you set up the same ...

Cheers ..:clapping:

1) built-in internet download utility - Bit torrent feature is added..i saw in XMP forums
2) Adding a Blu-ray drive / DVD drive via USB -The XMP player forum members have tried that

check features coming section!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back