Calling resident gamers - sony LED or panny/sammy plasma for gaming ?!

TheSeeker

Hi everyone !

hope the festive fever is in full swing :D [and sadly am at my office desk :( ]

sorry since i have created a thread earlier with similar issue, but wasnt specific in there. here i want to
attract the attention of gamers to help me out.

i am about to purchase a TV, and i need one that will be the BEST for gaming ! following are my choices :

1. P50VT20 : a big hit here ! not been able to crack a good deal for now, but i have just started searching for it
since today morning itself. quite hopeful :)

2. P42ST30D : had quite liked it, but gaming felt very bland on it, since brightness seemed too low. changing settings didnt help :(
still kept it in the list thinking may be it could be the display piece's fault.

3. 51D550 : another great tv ! though quite bright, but requires controlled lighting in the surroundings (as suggested by madhavk8)

NOW, since 1-2 users have reported burn-in problems with their plasmas here (one of them had it with his V20D, dont remember his name though), this is
the ONLY thing thats kept me tied down to go for a plasma ! some say its just a temporary thing, others say go for LED for gaming. would like a hassle-free gaming exp too, hence for gaming my LED choice is :

KDL-46EX720

now those who frequently game on their TVs, esp plasma users, please advise on this......waiting utmost eagerly for your inputs :)

51D550 has almost no noticeable input lag even while gaming in 3D with a hdmi 1.4a connection :)
Also for gaming, a BIG screen is very very satisfying, so anything above 50 makes a huge difference that too for 3D.
Also samsung 3d glasses are the lightest, most inexpensive and they use Bluetooth so they never lose sync even if you go out of the room and come back

Also for gaming, a BIG screen is very very satisfying, so anything above 50 makes a huge difference that too for 3D.

Thats a good point.
IMO anything less than 50" is not fit for 3D.
Difference between 42" and 50" for 3D is Huge.

I find even 50" smaller for 3D contents.

And 40" is very small for 3D.

Last edited:
Also dude the 3d in sony ex720 did not impress me when i demoed it before buying my plasma. I had even negotiated in Devi International Bangalore for 91k with 2 glasses for Sony 46EX720.But then they showed me a 3d demo and i did not get any sense of 3d and hence decided not to buy ex720. Maybe when i checked out the glasses might not have been in proper sync or maybe they did not play properly but still i was totally disappointed by the 3D in ex720 !!!!

I even was thinking about 46D6000 LED but then prankey came and convinced me and i bought 51D550 and after using it for about 4 weeks i can surely say that i made the right decision.

But if you are so bent about LED TV's then 46D6000 is pretty good choice with impressive 3D visuals and good performance . I demoed this also and hence i am saying.

and i find even the 46" too big :D

@ madhav - gaming is also my concern hence am eyeing LED too. the D6000 one you said is i think out of my budget, since i read its retailing for ~1L, and hence even after bargaining price wont fall in my budget. pls correct me if am wrong. also, have read that the D6600 (successor to D6000) TV has significant input lag, whereas the EX720 has least amongst LEDs, and hence the choice.

and i find even the 46" too big :D

@ madhav - gaming is also my concern hence am eyeing LED too. the D6000 one you said is i think out of my budget, since i read its retailing for ~1L, and hence even after bargaining price wont fall in my budget. pls correct me if am wrong. also, have read that the D6600 (successor to D6000) TV has significant input lag, whereas the EX720 has least amongst LEDs, and hence the choice.

Ex720 and D6000 retail at almost same price range.
Know nothing about the Input lag.

oh ok.....but have read about the input lag, esp with samsung and LG, hence not opting for either of the two......avmaxfan confirmed it.....the EX720 has the least input lag....and yes, pls suggest me on my new thread, if you may :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back