Cambridge 640r vs Nad t755

afj

am helping a friend of mine out with a surround sound system. the speakers are going to be the monitor audio silver series. hows the cambridge av receiver 640r. the other choice is the nad t755 which is nearly double the price of the cambridge. cant listen to the system as dealers dont carry the range

NAD vs CA. The answers are going to be like 'War Of The Roses' Duck everybody. Brickbats are going to fly !!! Place your bets folks. 10:1, 10:1, 10:1 :)

Jokes apart, any reason why you are not looking at Yahama, Marantz, Denon, or Onkyo?

Cheers

am helping a friend of mine out with a surround sound system. the speakers are going to be the monitor audio silver series. hows the cambridge av receiver 640r. the other choice is the nad t755 which is nearly double the price of the cambridge. cant listen to the system as dealers dont carry the range

Both are decent but with very distinct sound signatures. I have seen the 640s do a good job and NAD is pretty good for quality and performance though slightly off at the bottom end (there is a reason the components look like bricks). Final decision boils down to the taste and which sound they like. I would not make this decision for any friend of mine. Let that person decide.

NAD vs CA. The answers are going to be like 'War Of The Roses' Duck everybody. Brickbats are going to fly !!! Place your bets folks. 10:1, 10:1, 10:1 :)

Jokes apart, any reason why you are not looking at Yahama, Marantz, Denon, or Onkyo?

Cheers

lol. was expecting this. i know both perform equally well in the stereo amp section (except for their characteristics) but wasnt sure in the av section. i get good discounts on these two products so thats why am looking at them - i know the distributors.

Both are decent but with very distinct sound signatures. I have seen the 640s do a good job and NAD is pretty good for quality and performance though slightly off at the bottom end (there is a reason the components look like bricks). Final decision boils down to the taste and which sound they like. I would not make this decision for any friend of mine. Let that person decide.

thanks marsilians. will get him to go listen to it. but considering the price difference (nad costs 1900 dollars and cambridge 1100 dollars - less discounts) i think its going to be the cambridge

I guess you shd double-check the price of both. NAD T755 is no way double the cost of CA 640. Last I checked, NAD T755 was around 60k and CA 640r was around 55K.

I guess you shd double-check the price of both. NAD T755 is no way double the cost of CA 640. Last I checked, NAD T755 was around 60k and CA 640r was around 55K.

will recheck. i think the reason is that dollar has gained and pound has lost

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back