Cambridge Audio DAC magic or Xtreamer prodigy

gsenthil99

Hello friends,

I have a Denon integrated amplifier and set of Morduant Short tower speakers for listening to music.... however I am currently using my bluray player to play cds.... Not too happy with the sound clarity... (probably to do with the DAC in the bluray player)...

I had almost made my mind of buying the Dacmagic to improve the audio clarity...

but now, I came across the xtreamer prodigy(due to be launched in September)....How is the Dac of this xtreamer.. is it comparable to the Dacmagic.... ? My primary need is a device that can play music very well.... with the dacmagic.. I wanted to connect my pc(for flac)/existing bluray player(for audio cd) to listen to music...

However, if the Dac of the xtreamer is comparable to the dacmagic.. it will solve all my needs...(listening to music.. and also streaming .mkv files...)

Guys, please let me know you thoughts...

Cheers !

Do not look for media players if you are interested in Audio performance. I think you should probably invest in a decent HTPC with good graphics card and for sound ESI @Juli or Asus Xonar , type sound cards. That will be your one stop solution for both music and movies.

Alternatively you can buy the prodigy and dac , connect the prodigy audio out to DAC and dac out to amp. That should work too.;)

I have auditioned DAC MAgic and Music fidlity DAC both are very good , make sense for buying any one of this will gave you great music clearity ...
No Media player can convert music like DAC or seprate Audiphile CDP player .

Alternatively you can buy the prodigy and dac , connect the prodigy audio out to DAC and dac out to amp. That should work too.;)

haha..... I think I will go for this option...:eek:hyeah:... btw, how much does the Dacmagic in Bangalore cost ? Whats the best price... ?

Guys, Dacmagic is coming home tomorrow !!

what is the best way to connect my dvd player/BDP player to the dacmagic ?

My samsung dvd player has a coaxial output and my BLuray Player has optical output?

Any suggestions on the conenctions ? best brand ?

Last edited:
Guys, Dacmagic is coming home tomorrow !!

what is the best way to connect my dvd player/BDP player to the dacmagic ?

My samsung dvd player has a coaxial output and my BLuray Player has optical output?

Any suggestions on the conenctions ? best brand ?

If the DAC has optical or co-axial inputs, then use them.

Now that was a pretty fast decision. Did you manage an audition? Did you compare it with something?

Last time i enquired ,the cost was about 23k. Whats the status now?

am getting it from Dubai.... Works to 18.5 K in INR...it has reached blore today... am going to lay my hands on it tomorrow... :)

I had auditioned the dacmagic a few months back and loved it..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back