Cambridge Audio DV99 review

Hi Rallynut,

The shootout was great..I got to listen to some fantastic music and meet some cool enthusiasts. My impressions are same as Pyscho's nothing much to add. Waiting for Venkat's review :)

My Denon amp is fine. but after hearing the primare/dynaudio combo i am starting to find faults with the Denon....Sigh!!!!
Cheers
S

Last edited:
NO i got it from the dealer with bill and warranty. Out of the box the player doesnt play mp3's. You need to apply the hack to be able to play mp3

Cheers
S

NO i got it from the dealer with bill and warranty. Out of the box the player doesnt play mp3's. You need to apply the hack to be able to play mp3

Cheers
S
Hi,
Could you let me know the dealer from where you bought this and your experience?
Am interested in buying this product.:)

Your location says Mumbai. I am not sure about Mumbai dealers. I got it from Chennai - Grand Cinema. Please look at fxentertainment website. They are the primary dealers for CA. You can get dealer information from this website.

Fx Entertainment

Cheers
S

Can anyone tell me if the Cambridge Audio DV99 player sold in Australia is region free. The retailer was unable to tell me and the Cambridge Audio site/manual doesn't say.

Wakin up the thread. I don't see comprehensive review yet for dv99. Iam eagerly waiting for the review especially the audio department.

Finally thinking of getting DV99 for my Norge 1000 + Wharfedale 9.2. Best quote I got for this in Bangalore is Rs.14000/-. My friend in UK says it sells for around Rs.10000 there.

I thought of getting a CDP in the beginning, but I do watch some movies occasionally. So decided to go for DV99 based on some reviews read online. Hope this player compliments my amp+speaker combination.

@iaudio: Thanks man.
I would need a little more detail like how good is the midrange, treble, dynamics etc. in DV99 in comparison with say CD63 or any other CDP? Iam looking to pair it with my Norge 2060+Wharfe 9.2.

+1 to that,the ca dv99 does a great job,and the audio rendered is more than just good.it was a close call for me between the oppo(980 ?) and the ca,but the ca did it for me,all things considered.do read up the shootout thread for insight into its capabilities.of course all this is at the valid price point!!!excellent all round player,with great audio capabilities to boot.cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back