Cambridge Audio DV99 review

we compared it to the CD63Se and the Oppo 983, although to my ears the differences were marginal at best, most of the people there thought that the DV99 was superior on more tracks than either of the other two. There were differences of course, but if a winner had to be anointed I think it would have been the DV99 (although not my personal preference). It's a very good budget CD player, and considering the fact that it's also a very good upscaling DVD player, it's bloody good value!

Thanks guys,

Audio Planet bangalore quoted 14K for the same. Is there any other place in Bangalore where I can get it at less price?. Else I have to wait for my friend to carry it from UK. How about Malaysia/Singapore ? Is it cheaper there?

dont seem to remember where,but all the info should be available in his thread.i distinctly recall that the proposed shootout was very long in the tooth before it actually happened.thanks for pitchin in psycho ;).

aaaah,thanks iaudio!!!

Rallynut, You're melcow.
You should actually do a source shoot out yourself, just need to get a dedicated cdp as you have dvd player and laptop with dac already.

heh,yeah titus,maybe i should.just that my ears aren't that 'golden' to prob point out the macro/micro details :eek:hyeah:!!cheers

Then you can unashamed, declare to the whole world that you dont need to upgrade to that cdp and that your dvdp itself delivers great music to your liking!

Then you can unashamed, declare to the whole world that you dont need to upgrade to that cdp and that your dvdp itself delivers great music to your liking!

exactly that sir,am very very happy with my choice of sources ;)!!!!cheers

Hope CA DV99 bought in UK will work in India without any problem. Issue is that player is arriving by mid June. So anyone here ready to donate their extra player for 2 months? :)

Latheesh, I think with DV99 you are getting upscaling to 1080p, HDMI, USB port etc. But if stereo audio is your only concern the dv89 should be fine.

My friend could get the last piece in the store for 120 Pounds. So it works out around Rs.8000. When enquired I got a quote 14K in Bangalore.

guys,the mp3 hack is as follows:
1.with no disc in player switch on
2.press SETUP
3.move to speaker setup
4.press 9210 on remote,this brings up support mode
5.switch support mode to on
6.press SETUP
7.switch off then on,and ur good to go
to put doubts to rest its a damn fine cd player,so much so that ive been just listenin to cds and havent watched any movies yet :D.the level of detail apparent to me playing james taylor/lee ritenour/norah jones/spyrogyra/and many others is exceptional!!!if budget players are built so,would be mindboggling to experience great dedicated cd players( ca 640c next buy;).cheers

I got my DV99, and happy with its perfprmance. But above mp3 hack does not work. Step 2 above - When I press SETUP button in my remote nothing happens/shows in my player display:sad:.

Am I missing something?

EDIT 1: Looks like I need to connect my player to TV to see the menu display...h a h a

EDIT 2: It's done, mp3 songs sounds better!!!!

Last edited:
good to see ur enjoying the player,latheesh.for a moment there,i was stupefied till i read the "edit.." :eek:hyeah:.cheers

Dear thread,

Thanks to your hard work and valuable testing I brought this player to use alongside the CA650 amp and some B&W CM1s.

Apart from movies I am a classical musician and the sound of SACDs through the system is remarkable!

Again, thank you for your detailed posts!

Regards

Back