Came this close to owning this tape deck !

jawedsoft

I saw this tape deck being sold on the road side...when I reached to purchase later on...it was already sold...

20130719_193101a.jpg

He was asking Rs 200 for this.

My loss !

- Jawed

heh. Pity.
Its not particularly remarkable - I got mine for 1.5K. It's a very basic deck. But hey, at 200 bucks, it was a miss, but I'm sure you're better off getting something slightly better at 1K. At least mine has some hum issues which I'm still trying to fix, and based on its power supply design, I'm beginning to suspect it's a design flaw :D

Last edited:
Where are you located, jawedsoft ?

I have a 3 Head Akai Cassette deck that I will give away free to a good home :)

I am located in Mumbai... sorry I wont pack ..

Honestly, the almighty did you a favour. Buying that deck might have meant that you would have ended up with a huge and expensive restoration job. I would have spent that Rs.200 at KFC instead :)

Heh, I guess it turned out to be a good thing for you after all. If anyone in chennai is listening, I'd love to get ANY tape deck. Even if its not working. ESPECIALLY if its not working :)

Heck, even this Technics, I would have happily paid 500 to get it as a parts machine :)

Last edited:
heh. Pity.
Its not particularly remarkable - I got mine for 1.5K. It's a very basic deck. But hey, at 200 bucks, it was a miss, but I'm sure you're better off getting something slightly better at 1K. At least mine has some hum issues which I'm still trying to fix, and based on its power supply design, I'm beginning to suspect it's a design flaw :D

Heh, I guess it turned out to be a good thing for you after all. If anyone in chennai is listening, I'd love to get ANY tape deck. Even if its not working. ESPECIALLY if its not working :)
Heck, even this Technics, I would have happily paid 500 to get it as a parts machine :)
:clapping:
Well said, FM Greenhorn. Keep it up, mate.
Methinx you aren't such a "greenhorn", after all, eh?:thumbsup::eek:hyeah:
Thats spoken like a truly pragmatic hands-on DIYer. :cool:
Its the(DIY)spirit that counts more than the technical intricaies/lexicon, IMO.;)
I like your style.:thumbsup::thumbsup::D
Don't ever change, dude.:) I very much admire you the way you are.;)
Hats off, dost(pal).
May I request for permanent membership of the Cheapskate Audiophile Society.:)
Warmest regards,
Trittya(the 3rd peg)

Last edited:
Back