Can a Desktop case bought in US be used in India?

arnprasad

Hi..I Occassionally see good RGB cases in US for around 50-70 dollars..and I got folks who keep going to US who can get this case in the place of a second baggage. Given desktop cases have power cables and in case of RGB cases..something more like Fans - would the voltage differences between US and Make have an impact or once we install Indian Power supply...it works? These RGB cases in India are either not available or cost 50-100% more. Thx

For example the following:

Last edited:
In my knowledge, most if not all smps based power supplies are universal voltage so, you should be good.

But how are you planning to get the tempered glass case safe back to India?
typically indians get two check in luggages when they visit US. So for people going on short business trips...they can take one less check in luggage and while coming back get this as second check in luggage

I have carried it back in check-in-bag and had no issues. Normally the tower cases are standard like Full tower, Mid tower etc. Make sure that your Mother Board Form factor matches the tower. Sometimes the PSU also mentions the form factor like ATX etc. All other components like HDD etc will have standard slots to fit in. Most of the PSU's are having 100-240V input rating. I am using a Corsair PSU that I bought in US.

The short answer is "yes". I myself got the Fractal Nano S with the side window. You can separate the glass panel and get it safely in your check-in baggage. Also, most power supplies that are available in the current market support universal voltage.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back