Can anybody suggest a decent hotel in Thrisur(kerala)

srinisundar

Can anybody suggest a good hotel in Thrisur(kerala) just opposite to Railway station for a day stay???

I am on a day trip to thrisur/guruvayur from chennai to attend an marriage with my family next week beginning, would like to know a decent hotel just opposite to Thrisur station... Reaching midnight 12.30am, so cannot roam too long inside.

Thanks in advance guys:)

I love how this community becomes a lifeline for its members for matters audio-related and otherwise :)

Yes!!! Agreed Psychotropic... No doubt our community is becoming lifeline.:) It is Instead relying on webbased reviews which can be sometimes exagerated and land up on something, can take our members suggestion who happened to be there/living nearby which will be perfect ///

Don't forget to visit athirapally falls there. Visiting guruvayoor temple needs dhothi. Keep in mind.

Thanks for reminding :)

I visited Athiraplly falls last year february and had a nice time there with my childhood friends( 5 idiots) which we travel every year as bachelors to few places and for sure i am visiting this time also with my family..

Plan for Guruvayur/ Thirvambady / Athirappaly falls..:)

Hi,

There is a very traditional form of dance-drama performed every night (starting quite late as I know) in the Guruvayur temple. Usually there is no audience, but they do it any way. This form is called Krishnattam - may be you know about it already. To give a short introduction on Krishnattam, let me quote a friend of mine:

"Krishnanattam or Krishnattam is a temple art, performed at Guruvayur Temple as a votive ritual offering by a troupe under the management of Guruvayur Devaswom (Guruvayur- 680 101, Thrissur Dt, Kerala, India). The performance is based on Krishnagiti, a text of sloka-s and padam-s in Sanskrit, composed by Manavedan, the Zamorin King of Calicut, in 1654. Krishna's story as described in detail in the tenth and eleventh cantos of Srimad Bhagavatam, Mahabharatam and Harivamsam is presented as song, dance and acting in a cycle of eight plays in eight days. The plays are Avataram, Kaliyamardanam, Rasakrida, Kamsavadham, Svayamvaram, Banayuddham, Vividavadham and Svargarohanam (akarakasvabavisva is the mnemonic to remember the names in order)."

Regards.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back