can i mix different speakers.

manu4panjab

hey bros.

want to know can i mix different speakers like front from different company,centre from different company as so as for surrounds and for sub too

so does it affect the sound

actually now i have onkyo 606 and i found my centre polk cs 20 speaker produce distortion so can i mix another centre channel speaker with my polk tsi 500

please reply

can i mix in this way

like i give you some example

fronts from dali

centre from klpisch like rc64 model

surrounds from axiom

sub from velodyne

so is it ok if i use tsi 500 for fronts and klipsch rc 64 as centre and axiom for surounds

If you listen carefully each spk with sane source & amp,you can get a lot of difference in sound .With this if you select diff spk as frt & centre ,you compramise with true effect.You can still enjoy the mov,but the details can change.

If you listen carefully each spk with sane source & amp,you can get a lot of difference in sound .With this if you select diff spk as frt & centre ,you compramise with true effect.You can still enjoy the mov,but the details can change.

so it means i must stick to home theatre packages right

so it means i must stick to home theatre packages right

Well I will put in this way-
Spk from same company & family shld be used for frnt & centre, surr,sub can be different.

ie MS avant series may not match with MS messo series.

If your polks are from same family,go ahead.

If your AVR has the option of Speaker level calibration then you can nullify the differences arising out of the different speakers. This feature helps to match the acoustic level between speakers of different comapny/size/type.

However I am not sure of what extent it helps as i ve never tried.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back