• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Can I play 3d movie in 2d mode using 2d blu ray player and 2d tv?

I have mistakenly ordered 3d blue ray movie. Can I play in 2d mode using 2d blu ray player and 2d tv?

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Only if it also has a 2D disk along with the 3D disk (some blu ray packs have both 3D and 2D disks). Otherwise not possible.

I have mistakenly ordered 3d blue ray movie. Can I play in 2d mode using 2d blu ray player and 2d tv?
Nope, this is not like a hybrid SACD which will play CD stereo layer if you pop it into a non-SACD player. Because of the enormous amount of data used to record a 3D BD, they can't (yet) fit another layer with regular 2D on the same disc. Plus, they get to gouge us with 2 discs or a special edition combo!

As long as the disc has a 2D+3D format it will play only the 2D version in the 2D player. I have a Avatar disc with both the formats

rpmahale

Most of the time I get two different disc for 3D and 2D movie in same pack like Pacific Rim or only one 3D movie. But one movie I have, don't know the name, have only one disc with both 3D and 2D version of movie and need to select at the beginning...

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS