Can I play 3d movie in 2d mode using 2d blu ray player and 2d tv?

king2163

I have mistakenly ordered 3d blue ray movie. Can I play in 2d mode using 2d blu ray player and 2d tv?

Only if it also has a 2D disk along with the 3D disk (some blu ray packs have both 3D and 2D disks). Otherwise not possible.

Your TV will give pop-up as format not supported.
again it depends on the model and make of the TV and source

I have mistakenly ordered 3d blue ray movie. Can I play in 2d mode using 2d blu ray player and 2d tv?

Nope, this is not like a hybrid SACD which will play CD stereo layer if you pop it into a non-SACD player. Because of the enormous amount of data used to record a 3D BD, they can't (yet) fit another layer with regular 2D on the same disc. Plus, they get to gouge us with 2 discs or a special edition combo!

As long as the disc has a 2D+3D format it will play only the 2D version in the 2D player. I have a Avatar disc with both the formats

Most of the time I get two different disc for 3D and 2D movie in same pack like Pacific Rim or only one 3D movie. But one movie I have, don't know the name, have only one disc with both 3D and 2D version of movie and need to select at the beginning...

Most of the 3D movie bluray packs come with 2D version of the movie. However you cannot play a 3D disk on a 2D TV even if you have a 3D player.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back