Can i purchase discontinued model YHT 299?

josephjohnyt

Hi ...

can some1 suggest whether i can purchase yamaha's discontinued model YHT 299. When i checked with dealer he said model is available in the shop and i liked the demo also......Is it safe to purchase discontinued model YHT 299?

Hi ...

can some1 suggest whether i can purchase yamaha's discontinued model YHT 299. When i checked with dealer he said model is available in the shop and i liked the demo also......Is it safe to purchase discontinued model YHT 299?

Just ensure that the standard warranty is available (usually a year from date of purchase). An item being discontinued does not mean that it will no longer be serviceable by an authorized service center or even any other repair shop, just that the longer the time between discontinuation and the repair, the more difficult it can eventually become to service due to non-availability of parts.

Since the 299 is only a year older than the 2910, I'd say go with the 299 if you can get a good discount. There does not appear to be much difference between the 2910 and the 299 with many FM's indicating the 299 being more VFM compared to the 2910.

What is your budget and what is the quote they have given??????
Mention that here so that we can come to some conclusion......

hi Joseph

Am also planning to purchase YHT299?

From where are you planning to buy? We can ask for a discount if we buy together.

Sujith

Hi Joseph
Yes its available in LULU for the same price. this was last week when i checked.
anyways congrants :)
pls share your exp..
did you buy any player?

hi Joseph

Am also planning to purchase YHT299?

From where are you planning to buy? We can ask for a discount if we buy together.

Sujith

@ sujith, your interest in movie : music?

If you can stretch your budget, go for separates.

regards
girish :)

@ sujith, your interest in movie : music?

If you can stretch your budget, go for separates.

regards
girish :)

Hi Girish

my ineterest are :

Movies - 60%
Music - 20%
Radio - 20% - Mainly AKASHVANI - news, interviews, phone in programs, etc.

Last Sunday did an audition for YHT-299 @ Relaince digital. it wasnt that impressive.

so thinking about going for HT seperates..

Sujith

Hi girish....cud u just explain the specific u meant :)

I was referring to music:movie ratio.
IMHO for movies YHT299 is good, but for music it wont do much justice.
Early my friend was to purchase sound bar to enhance the sound for music and movies. I suggested him to listen to HTIB and separates.
Last he settled for denon AVR X500, pioneer floor stands SP FS52 and center channel pioneer SP C22.
He connected avr to tv via optical. After one week when he completed 5.0 setup by adding bookshelfs from the same.

Now, he is enjoying the setup. Don't know when upgraditis bug bite him.

Recently one of our FMs changed front speakers of yht 299 to pioneer floorstands.
Nothing offensive to YHT299. For the price, its VFM.

Hi Sujith...i have already got it for 33k.....i checked almost 6 places in kochi..its been 2 months i was around this ;)

Congrats on your purchase. Who installed the system?

Regards
girish:)

Last edited:
Hi Girish

my ineterest are :

Movies - 60%
Music - 20%
Radio - 20% - Mainly AKASHVANI - news, interviews, phone in programs, etc.

Last Sunday did an audition for YHT-299 @ Relaince digital. it wasnt that impressive.

so thinking about going for HT seperates..

Sujith

Was YHT properly set there? If you can, hear at some place which had installed properly.
What is your budget?

If your budget permits, How about having 2 different setups for movie and music.
avr+5.1 for movies
amp+speakers for radio+music

regards
girish:)

Hi Girish...I have installed myself and calibrated with YPAO. Do you have any suggestion to improove what i have now....I am new this actually

Cool. What about a photo of the setup.
Play with different settings and settle for what you like. Me too a newbie. Trying to learn more.

regards
girish

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back