Can the Same HDMI input be mapped to different input sources on Anthem MRX 710 / 510

rkumarblr

Hi,

I would like to hear from users of Anthem MRX 710 or MRX 510 is I can create an input source that use the same HDMI input.

That is can two input source configuration used the same HDMI physical connection or is the HDMI source not selectable once its assigned to an input source.

The use case is that my media Player Amazon FTV has only one HDMI out.
I currently create three input sources suing this one input as follows on my Rotel RSP 1069.
I want to know if this is possible on the Anthem

Input source 1: Video HDMI 1, Audio HDMI Audio, DTS Neo 6
Input source 2 : Video HDMI 1 , Audio Analog or off (so that I get the video on HDMI connect to the TV, but take the audio out directly from my media player to my headphone processor
Input source 3: Video HDMI 1, Audio, HDMI Audio , PCM 2 Channel (just a convenience, though the same can be achieved by selecting 2 channel mode of play back at the time of playback)

Please note there is only one physical connection in to the receiver in all the three input source setups.

The above should be easy to verify by folks who own the Anthem.
Your inputs on this is very much appreciated.

Also for a room of size 1680 sqft would the MRX 510 suffice or would I need an MRX 710 ?
Would the MRX 510 at 75 W per channel 5 channels driven mean I need to pump up the volume t get depth and clarity given my room size.
I use it with Focal Chorus 726 which has a sensitivity of 91.5 db

Thanks

Re: Can the Same HDMI input be mapped to different input sources on Anthem MRX 710 /

Amazon FTV HDMI Out --> Rotel/Anthem HDMI Input

Your Rotel/Anthem have HDMI out. Video definitely take care of.
Rotel/Anthem have analog pre-out and digital out; so audio to headphone amp should be taken care of (I assume it is some kind of analog headphone amp)
Not sure about option 3 (frankly did not understand it)

Room size 1680 sft!!
That is a massive room. How do you plan to set up the speakers.
Separation between fronts. Distance from listening area.
Separation between surrounds and surround backs. Distance from listening area.
Sub - yes/no
The performance of speakers depends on this and the power from amp.

BTW, how are you driving the speakers now after processing from Rotel?
What power amp?

You may want to contact FM "renjith lal". He is also in Bangalore and owns MRX510.

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Re: Can the Same HDMI input be mapped to different input sources on Anthem MRX 710 /

Raghu, Thanks for the response.
The room dimensions is LxWxH 14x12x10, the volume.
The power amp currently is a Rotel RMB 1077 (its an hybrid Amp with 100x7)

I may go for the MRX 510, not sure if the 75W per channel 5 channels driven, will mean I need to pump up the volume for the effects ?
The MRX 710 is only 15 W Higher (5 channels driven) and so is not a great value at a price difference between 510 and 710, assuming that is the only difference.
A future upgrade to a power Amp may be in order. Have access to a Sherbourn 7-150 (150 x 7) AB. but not sure if the MRX 510 pre will match with it ?
Would be great to talk to Ranjit Lal. How do I go about reaching him ?

I like the Anthem because of the ARC (room correction, which is supposed to be the best and the great reviews)

Thanks

Thanks Raghu,

Sorry the 1680 is cuft, the volume LxWxH (14x2x10)
Not sure if the MRX 510 at 75w (5 channels driven) has good enough power for this size of the room and if it will sound good only at higher volumes.
The MRX 710 is not much higher at 90w (5 channels driven)

Have access to a power amp Sherbourn 7-150 (150x7) AB. So I suppose will be a better setup to have the MRX 510 with the power amp as a step up on the power if required.
The issue is do not know how well the MRX 510 will pair with that power amp.
The budget for a pre-power from Anthem is quite high, more so when there is access to a used power amp.

Like the Anthem because of the ARC (room correction, supposed to be the best) and great reviews. Also has 4K pass through even though limited since its HDMI 1.4. A bit of future proof. Do not care too much on the Atmos and DTSx that needs additional speaker and no content yet etc.

Would love to connect with Ranjit. How do I go about that ?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back