Can voltage in Hathway HD box damage an LED TV?

bijujb

Hello Friends,

I use Hathway HD box. My 40" LED TV has mother board and display panel issue and was beyond repair. No body know the reason. How much voltage does Hathway coax cable carry? Can it spoil the led? How much voltage come from Set of box to HDMI port of the TV? I purchased another LED but wanted to check if my Hathway HD set of box is causing the issue? Can anybody advise?

Also I use Chromecast? Can it damage the TV anyhow?

Thanks.
BJ

Hi,

As precaution, during a heavy storm especially in the area where hathway has its broadcasting equipment, dishes etc. I disconnect the set top box and switch to BluRay or hear music...it's a tricky situation...you can never know when a power surge will happen and affect the devices @ home

Is the LED TV connected via Stabilizer, if no then your tv is at risk.
I use a Hathway HD box and 42" LED LG TV..... works fine.
Yeah but....... When I bout the TV did not connect with the stabilizer, the result of that, the TV conked in 15 days, when I called LG engineer, he mentioned that its purely due power surge and needs to be connected via stabilizer. Had to replace the Panel to fix it.

+1 to stabilizer.

At the very least, a surge protector. Belkin is available on Amazon.

Any home UPS with voltage, surge protection is also good.

+1 to Surge protector. Belkin is the best and it also worked. An year back during a severe lightning storm, the lightning struck a nearby temple and in it's impact most of the Tv's, refrigerator and even AC's conked off in my apartment. Luckily I had installed the Belkin surge protector and to my surprise I saw that the surge protector had burnt out due to the severe charge of electrical volt by the lightening and thereby saving my LED TV. Also the surge protector was replaced free of cost due to Belkin's life long warranty.

Back