Can you get all your entertainment from Youtube?

cha_indian

About 4 months ago, I decided that I am not going to recharge my DTH package. Now after 4 months everyone we don't miss TV and have almost forgotten the TV. We get all our entertainment dose from Youtube. As expected, my wife was dead against it and threats we issued, tears were shed, mild fights, etc, etc.

My kids get their cartoons dose from Youtube, I get to watch my favourite comedy shows, I use laptop USB to stream audio to a DAC and then to stereo amp for daily dose of Old and New songs.

Life is quite smooth now

Radio -> Doordarshan -> Cable TV -> DTH -> streaming service (Audio and Video)..
No wonder one day DTH will go to shed. Time will change everything.
In addition to YouTube, you can take subscription of few gr8 video streaming services on free/paid like Netflix, PrimeVideo, Hotstar, ErosNow and many more if you have smart tv or any media server / android box etc.

In my case I enjoy old golden era movies/music and new movies through ErosNow, JioCinema, Netflix and youTube
My DTH is there for news only ( I don't watch any serial of now a days), can't say how long my DTH service would be with me.

Happy watching

If audio quality for stereo playback is a concern then you need to look for specialized streaming services for audio. Even for video if surround audio is a concern then youtube has scarcity, only handful content, I am unsure about Youtube Red (paid subscription of youtube).

If watching modern day tv serials / series is a matter of concern paid streaming services as mentioned in earlier posts are best.

So its up to you where you will remain contended in Youtube or want to explore more flexibility

If audio quality for stereo playback is a concern then you need to look for specialized streaming services for audio. Even for video if surround audio is a concern then youtube has scarcity, only handful content, I am unsure about Youtube Red (paid subscription of youtube).

If watching modern day tv serials / series is a matter of concern paid streaming services as mentioned in earlier posts are best.

So its up to you where you will remain contended in Youtube or want to explore more flexibility

I actually used to consider myself as a audiophile with golden ears until i did a blind test of 128kbps song vs Lossless and I could not hear any difference :) The SQ on Youtube is not too bad if you have a decent DAC with USB or Optical inputs, then there is very little to complain about SQ. Sure, the old recordings do not sound as good as the new/remastered songs, but as time progresses, I am looking to enjoy the music rather than enjoying the 'electronics'

I actually used to consider myself as a audiophile with golden ears until i did a blind test of 128kbps song vs Lossless and I could not hear any difference :) The SQ on Youtube is not too bad if you have a decent DAC with USB or Optical inputs, then there is very little to complain about SQ. Sure, the old recordings do not sound as good as the new/remastered songs, but as time progresses, I am looking to enjoy the music rather than enjoying the 'electronics'

I think enjoying the music is the ultimate goal. I am happy for you. However for curiousity sake what chain are you having? My understanding was that more high end DACs are more resolving thereby amplifying compression artefacts even further. However some DACs are forgiving in Nature thereby allowing any quality to be playable. Which one can be neutral? Not sure definitely another debate.

Laptop USB -- PCM1798 based DAC --- Bada DC222 amp-- Jamo S708

Though I am using the DAC, it has tube buffer and also the amp is hybrid.

Radio -> Doordarshan -> Cable TV -> DTH -> streaming service (Audio and Video)..
No wonder one day DTH will go to shed. Time will change everything.
In addition to YouTube, you can take subscription of few gr8 video streaming services on free/paid like Netflix, PrimeVideo, Hotstar, ErosNow and many more if you have smart tv or any media server / android box etc.

In my case I enjoy old golden era movies/music and new movies through ErosNow, JioCinema, Netflix and youTube
My DTH is there for news only ( I don't watch any serial of now a days), can't say how long my DTH service would be with me.

Happy watching

I think most of the News channels on cable/DTH is paid news or fake news. I think Youtube presents a far more neutral and interactive platform for News. The present Govt has the following channels at their disposal... INDIA-TV, ZEE, AaajTak, IndiaToday, Republic, TimesNow, Sudharshan, ABP .... Apart from NDTV, is there any other neutral news channel?

Laptop USB -- PCM1798 based DAC --- Bada DC222 amp-- Jamo S708

Though I am using the DAC, it has tube buffer and also the amp is hybrid.

:D strangely though I am sure your system। performs well but is it the same impression you see on other's system with these qualities of audio?

I think Youtube presents a far more neutral and interactive platform for New

There are various Colors on YouTube too

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back