Car Amplifier as Pre-Amp for Stereo Amplifier

gautampatnaik

I have Norge Reference Amp and use desktop computer besides DVD player as Music Source. To enhance SQ from computer Source, I was thinking of adding a Car Amplifier as pre-amp connected between computer and Stereo Amplifier.

I tried with creative sound cards / asus sound cards but was not very impressed.

Please advice, if this model will work fine If anybody has tried such a model. If this is fine which car amplifier and the suggested connections.

Gautam

I have Norge Reference Amp and use desktop computer besides DVD player as Music Source. To enhance SQ from computer Source, I was thinking of adding a Car Amplifier as pre-amp connected between computer and Stereo Amplifier.

I tried with creative sound cards / asus sound cards but was not very impressed.

Please advice, if this model will work fine If anybody has tried such a model. If this is fine which car amplifier and the suggested connections.

Gautam

How can a car amplifier act as a preamp? The car amps are essentially power amps that usually have gain pots for matching with the source (Head Unit or DSP) output.

thanx for educating me

Can you pls advise some sound quality enhancement device between computer and stereo amplifier since my computer is the source for music.

thanx

gautam

You can either add a good quality Dac or a USB sound card.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back