Car Audio System under 13k

I would not recommend ipod connection via aux-in it cannot give you
the best SQ out of the system. Does your HU not have ipod connectivity
via USB?.

I second siva on this that aux cable is no good .. Get the USB model cable that is recomended by HU as an accessory...so you can control ipod songs thru headunit and get best clarity...

I would not recommend ipod connection via aux-in it cannot give you
the best SQ out of the system. Does your HU not have ipod connectivity
via USB?.
Well,I had not read the info booklet initially,hence the panic!The HU does have ipod USB connectivity and it is presently working very well:).The SQ is very nice,clear and musical.
(a)I am also able to use the ipod to navigate menus if I so wish.Which is better?ipod navigation or HU navigation w.r.t SQ in theory?
(b)What amps could I look at if I want to upgrade(I was informed at Chequered Flag that components give their best output when amped)?

Well,I had not read the info booklet initially,hence the panic!The HU does have ipod USB connectivity and it is presently working very well:).The SQ is very nice,clear and musical.
(a)I am also able to use the ipod to navigate menus if I so wish.Which is better?ipod navigation or HU navigation w.r.t SQ in theory?
(b)What amps could I look at if I want to upgrade(I was informed at Chequered Flag that components give their best output when amped)?

a) The navigation should not matter. That said, if one navigation vs the
other also differs in which DAC being used, then it would depend on
whether which DAC is better. Let me read some review when I find
time on your HU and see if it makes any difference.

b) True. Components do shine when amped, thats the general consensus.
What components do you have and what would be your budget for
the AMP?.

a) The navigation should not matter. That said, if one navigation vs the
other also differs in which DAC being used, then it would depend on
whether which DAC is better. Let me read some review when I find
time on your HU and see if it makes any difference.

b) True. Components do shine when amped, thats the general consensus.
What components do you have and what would be your budget for
the AMP?.

Kicker 600 DS components
I would like an amp which would let be add a sub later on.Budget - 7.5K

I have a JVC KD-R616 head unit installed in my car with a standard JVC speaker setup in the four doors. The installer told me that with this head unit I can add a sub woofer without having an additional amplifier, since this head unit has the features required for that.

I want to know from the gurus here if that can be true. I always thought that a subwoofer needs an amplifier...just the head unit cannot power it.

Hello friends,

I have been following up so many forums now for my search...but found this one to be most suitable.
well I have bought a new Dzire vdi and its running really well.god bless.!!

Coming to my search.......I dont like its music system at all.Total crap.

Want to under stand few things:
1. If I only change the speakers to a good quality ones (budget 5000rs) will this help.Will this improve the sound quailty by not changing HU.
2. If I go for total replacement of Head unit, what would be cost of Console only. All other cost i have an idea now.
3. I dont want to fit any amp nor any tweeters.
4. Pls give me the best solution within a range of 5K - 6K.
5. Best & honest fitter in chandigarh is another requirement.

Please help me out of this crisis situation now.

Regards,
VFM

adikumar2010
First of all I'm not an expert but I love clean & crystal clear audio...
Alpine r out of budget but try to find CDE 105 BT OR 102.... but I can suggest u Kenwood for SQ

Pioneer have more bass & treble good for Basic set up but new 2011 Pioneer series r crap comapred to 2010 series

Ppl here have already mentioned Kenny 7046 BT which is gr8 @ 10500

U can also search for Kenwood 6043/6046 @ 8K MRP is 8990
Best for SQ compared to Pioneer & sony

6043 is older one but has all features required for upgrades Like HPF/ LPF settings, 2.5 V 3 preouts.........

For Speakers u have many Options

Illusion Audio, Polk DB, Bull Audio...............

If low on Budget then Auditor - Audio [Focal's Lower end Brand] Can think of 4 ch Amp later [Auditor Rip 4280]

But first Audition all the equipments before going for it as each one has his own Taste & Preferences

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back