Car Audio System under 13k

adikumar2010

Car : Swift
Existing equipment installed : None (Its New Car)
Music tastes : Rock, Hiphop, Rap
Budget :Max Rs.13000 including every thing

It must have bluetooth, Auxilary port & USB Port, Memory Card slot is optional.

I will be listening to heavy bass songs, so I want my audio system to deliver killing bass,but that doesn't mean that speakers should compromise to the voice/treble part, all things should be in balance,coz I have seen many cars whose bass can shake them,but overall when it comes to listening you'll not like it at all,coz sound on medium/high frequency is not so good, so my priority is deepest,low frequency bass, but not compromising on other aspects highly,little bit is acceptable.
As per my kind of music taste,I will be very rarely listening to soft or slow/blue or country,etc.
I can go with any company,I don't have any problem with that
Just try to fit it as much thump/bass into my setup, I know my budget is not high & try to fit in sub-woofer in this budget,kindly advice me the best setup in the market that i can buy in this much budget.
Top priority is speakers then the sub-woofers then the head unit,then tweeters,mid range drivers,cabling,etc
Suppose if by eliminating bluetooth feature from head unit the total cost decreases,so that you can increase speaker quality or buy better equipments then you can remove bluetooth head unit by some lower cost substitute, otherwise let bluetooth enabled head unit remain.
Thanx

@shrjun:

It is difficult to get a Head Unit, Front, rear speakers at 13k.

Anyways, you can go for Pioneer HU if you like little bit more bass.
Kenwood HU if you want it to be neutral. Alpine is again very good (musical?).
JVC is known for VFM though not the best in terms of SQ. People generally
avoid sony when it comes to car HU.

That said every manufacturer has a high end, mid end and lower
end set of products (just like home audio/video). So find which
model suits your budget.

When it comes to speakers, components are supposed to give more
clarity. People normally recommend components for front. If you
will not have rear occupants, you may also avoid going for rears
That way you will have more budget for the HU and front components.

I will suggest you buying a good HU (as its the source). May be allocate
anywhere between 6 - 8 K for HU. You will get entry to mid range of HU
iin this budget (that has USB. May not have bluetooth). Allocate the rest
5 - 7 k for a good pair of front components. You can look for Illusion Electra
series, JBL, Bull Audio in this price range.

There are lots of car audio shops in Minister road. I normally go and would
recommend a shop called Chequered Flag. You can talk to Gowtam or Naveen
and refer my name to them.

dude why dont you visit shops in Karol bagh............you will find many options .............in 13k you can get Pio HU and JBL front component + rear co-ax speakers these are best match and within ur budget.

I will be listening to heavy bass songs, so I want my audio system to deliver killing bass,but that doesn't mean that speakers should compromise to the voice/treble part, all things should be in balance,coz I have seen many cars whose bass can shake them,but overall when it comes to listening you'll not like it at all,coz sound on medium/high frequency is not so good, so my priority is deepest,low frequency bass, but not compromising on other aspects highly,little bit is acceptable.
As per my kind of music taste,I will be very rarely listening to soft or slow/blue or country,etc.
I can go with any company,I don't have any problem with that
Just try to fit it as much thump/bass into my setup, I know my budget is not high & try to fit in sub-woofer in this budget,kindly advice me the best setup in the market that i can buy in this much budget.
Top priority is speakers then the sub-woofers then the head unit,then tweeters,mid range drivers,cabling,etc
Suppose if by eliminating bluetooth feature from head unit the total cost decreases,so that you can increase speaker quality or buy better equipments then you can remove bluetooth head unit by some lower cost substitute, otherwise let bluetooth enabled head unit remain.
Thanx

For over a month now, I am using a JVC 1-din HU; front components from rockford fosgate and rear 6x9 ovals from rockford again. My car is a swift. I did not go for an amp and sub. The setup costed me around 15K. I confess that I will get a deeper bass if I add a sub/amp, however, I am enjoying the current setup every time I turn it on. I particularly like the slightly better bass that I get from my JVC as compared to kenwood (when I had auditioned both). I like the vocals which sound decent to me. The sound also shows no signs of cracking/booming even at higher volumnes (but all equalizers at flat and loudness set to off).

PS: I had auditioned (HU) alpine, kenwood and (speakers) JBL, alpine, pioneer at different places with different setups and finally was convinced with my current setup. Tastes differ, though!

Hope this provides some help!

guess you can go for an complete pioneer set up...it will be within your budget n they soung dood too!..nice bass too!....though on my swift vdi i use that pioneer new touch two din reciever with jbl infinty series in the front n polk in the back.....they sound great!...cost me 42k!...

@shrjun:

Anyways, you can go for Pioneer HU if you like little bit more bass.
Kenwood HU if you want it to be neutral. Alpine is again very good (musical?).
JVC is known for VFM though not the best in terms of SQ. People generally
avoid sony when it comes to car HU.
I will suggest you buying a good HU (as its the source). May be allocate
anywhere between 6 - 8 K for HU.

Could someone suggest an Alpine/Pioneer HU with USB in the price range 8-10 K.(model numbers please as I'm unable to find prices online in rupees!)It would be nice if it had ipod nano 4G connectivity but not absolutely essential.
P.S -1. What file format do these HUs generally support?
2. Will the HU fitting take a lot of time or will it just slot into the space provided in the Swift(2006 model)?

Could someone suggest an Alpine/Pioneer HU with USB in the price range 8-10 K.(model numbers please as I'm unable to find prices online in rupees!)It would be nice if it had ipod nano 4G connectivity but not absolutely essential.
P.S -1. What file format do these HUs generally support?
2. Will the HU fitting take a lot of time or will it just slot into the space provided in the Swift(2006 model)?

Not sure if you can get alpine but Pio for sure .. Infact @ 10k u shld search a model which support bluetooth as well. There is a Kenwood model 7046BT very good one for 9k or lil more.... Even the new range of JVC seems to have BurrBrown DAC (used in Onkyo).....

Time of installing depends on the installer ...not too long thou.. Yes it will fit into the slot.

Not sure if you can get alpine but Pio for sure .. Infact @ 10k u shld search a model which support bluetooth as well. There is a Kenwood model 7046BT very good one for 9k or lil more.... Even the new range of JVC seems to have BurrBrown DAC (used in Onkyo).....

Time of installing depends on the installer ...not too long thou.. Yes it will fit into the slot.

How is having bluetooth connectivity in the HU an advantage ?Is it for connecting a phone and playing files off its SD card?:confused:

How is having bluetooth connectivity in the HU an advantage ?Is it for connecting a phone and playing files off its SD card?:confused:

its for connecting phone wirelessly and take calls while hands on the wheel :) also streaming files wirelessly.

I had actually fixed my eyes on purchasing Pioneer 5290 SD as an upgrade to my existing Alpine CDA - W560E which comes factory fitted in Honda City ZX. The whole idea of changing it is because of the fact that it has only 1 RCA out (preout), because of which I am not getting the desired out put from my set up of having front compos/ rear coaxial/ Amp and Subs.

Now at the final stage, after reading a couple of audiophile comments wanna search & buy something in Alpine itself.

Please do let me know some Head Units with (3 preouts/ USB/ IPOD-ITouch & Bluetooth) connectivity within 10K (stretchable to another 2K).

How is Apline iDA-X305 and iDA-X305S ?? or anything else ?

Appreciate your comments on the same.

Thanks
Sudhan

I had actually fixed my eyes on purchasing Pioneer 5290 SD as an upgrade to my existing Alpine CDA - W560E which comes factory fitted in Honda City ZX. The whole idea of changing it is because of the fact that it has only 1 RCA out (preout), because of which I am not getting the desired out put from my set up of having front compos/ rear coaxial/ Amp and Subs.

Now at the final stage, after reading a couple of audiophile comments wanna search & buy something in Alpine itself.

Please do let me know some Head Units with (3 preouts/ USB/ IPOD-ITouch & Bluetooth) connectivity within 10K (stretchable to another 2K).

How is Apline iDA-X305 and iDA-X305S ?? or anything else ?

Appreciate your comments on the same.

Thanks
Sudhan
Are you getting Alpines @ those prices? If not you can also try Kenwood 7046BT.

Kittu

Pioneer suits well in this budget.
Pioneer HU with bluetooth, Auxilary port & USB Port &Card slot might be around 7-9 k.

And you can get Either front component speakers alone in the remaining price.

Or you can get both front and back coaxial speakers.

I think you may go for coaxial speakers now, since component speakers will perform best with additional AMP.

You may browse for models here Pioneer India

Are you getting Alpines @ those prices? If not you can also try Kenwood 7046BT.

Kittu

Thanks Kittu,

I did not get anything in that price bracket but thought I can stretch a little more if its value for money.

I met up with a ICE installer here in South Bangalore, he gave me more options now still more confused.

For the basic specification I needed Alpine was much above 20K mark. So the next alternative he gave me was

Kenwood
7016 - 14K
7046 BT - 13K
8016BT - 20K

JVC
KD - R816 - 13K

He was requesting me to go for Pioneer, nevertheless we was ready to give me those option but did not ask.

Any suggestion on which one is the best and VFM, though i am not much for 8016BT for its price ?

Thanks Kittu,

I did not get anything in that price bracket but thought I can stretch a little more if its value for money.

I met up with a ICE installer here in South Bangalore, he gave me more options now still more confused.

For the basic specification I needed Alpine was much above 20K mark. So the next alternative he gave me was

Kenwood
7016 - 14K
7046 BT - 13K
8016BT - 20K

JVC
KD - R816 - 13K

He was requesting me to go for Pioneer, nevertheless we was ready to give me those option but did not ask.

Any suggestion on which one is the best and VFM, though i am not much for 8016BT for its price ?

Sudhan,

If you are not worried about warranty please visit national market and get the HU and speakers catch hold of a good installer and get it done... Trust me you will save huge... On the box price is 11k for 7046bt not sure how he told 13k........ :mad: ..

If you want a dealer purchase talk to Satya (EVO) he will give u lil better deal.

Kittu

Hey Kittu,

Thanks again.

I wanted to just change the head unit from ALPINE CDA-W560E double-din factory fitted to a single din or double din (USB/ IPOD and Bluetooth connecting interface) under 12K - stretchable

Existing Set up
Boston Compos - S60
Boston Coxials - S65
JBL 4 Channel Amp - S644
Rockford Fosgate 12 Inch Sub.

The set up was done by Satya from Evo @ Indra Nagar. I tried reaching over phone and email about the head unit but he seems to be a little busy last 3 days in taking the delay to reply so thought of a change in ICE installer and tried out the other guy at JayaNagar in the time being.

Anyways if national market is going to give a good difference in amount, should be checking that out also.

Last edited:
Hey Kittu ... Might be a little odd to ask for the place of visit. One of my friend is visiting Bangkok, do you think head units will be cheaper to be sourced from there ??

Hey Kittu ... Might be a little odd to ask for the place of visit. One of my friend is visiting Bangkok, do you think head units will be cheaper to be sourced from there ??

Yes they may be lil cheaper there.... Try for some eclipse models if you can ...

Kenwood 8016 BT priced at 20K and JVC KD - R816 priced at 13K both almost have the same features.

3 Pre outs/ 4V output, IPOD/ USB/ Bluetooth, in addition JVC has a double parallel USB (you can connect IPOD and USB in parallel unlike Kenwood or any other brand). but a little skeptical about the audio (voice/ frequency and bass) output in JVC.

any suggestions ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back