car audio system

sanket4487

hello guys...
I recently bought Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXI...in which i got company fitted car audio system of some NIPPON company....it has USB mode...but do not have a USB port. it has AUX port though..how can I add a USB port to my car audio system.??

hello guys...
I recently bought Maruti Suzuki Wagon R VXI...in which i got company fitted car audio system of some NIPPON company....it has USB mode...but do not have a USB port. it has AUX port though..how can I add a USB port to my car audio system.??

For that you will have to rip out the drivers seat and put the USB connector in its place. Another option is to have the connector where the Steering wheel would normally be. :eek:hyeah:

More seriously, what do you mean by USB mode? Its not possible to have usb mode without connector. Did you confirm this? There may be a micro-usb port hidden somewhere.

--G0bble

good sense of humor dude.... i suggest u to take a look at wagon r vxi dash board. even the sales executive at maruti-suzuki said there is no usb port....but it has a button in its audio system...when pressed...it says..."add adapter"....no ports found anywhere....provided not located under backseat....lol:eek:hyeah:

good sense of humor dude.... i suggest u to take a look at wagon r vxi dash board. even the sales executive at maruti-suzuki said there is no usb port....but it has a button in its audio system...when pressed...it says..."add adapter"....no ports found anywhere....provided not located under backseat....lol:eek:hyeah:

Check some thing like this.

USB Adapter/Interface

Hey Sanket did you check out the rear panel of the system? I remember I had an old model player that had a USB port hidden at the back and I needed to attach an extension wire to attach a USB stick. New players come with the port in the front while old players came with the port at the rear.

In case it doesnt have a rear panel then it might have an arrangement to attach a USB port. This is usually in the form of 8/9 pin socket thru which you can make a female USB socket.

Please refer to the pic below and let me know if the rear looks like this. The socket is mentioned is highlighted and just above the round black socket. If this is the case then you would have to get an Audio Service / Repair person to solder a female USB socket to these pins. But before you try anything please keep in mind warranty issues.

picin.jpg

Hey Sanket did you check out the rear panel of the system? I remember I had an old model player that had a USB port hidden at the back and I needed to attach an extension wire to attach a USB stick. New players come with the port in the front while old players came with the port at the rear.

In case it doesnt have a rear panel then it might have an arrangement to attach a USB port. This is usually in the form of 8/9 pin socket thru which you can make a female USB socket.

Please refer to the pic below and let me know if the rear looks like this. The socket is mentioned is highlighted and just above the round black socket. If this is the case then you would have to get an Audio Service / Repair person to solder a female USB socket to these pins. But before you try anything please keep in mind warranty issues.

picin.jpg

Sorry for digging into old thread. I am too searching for alternate for USB for my Wagon R VXI. The connector is not 8 pin but its a 13 pin.

Here is the snapshot from the manual

15112010084.jpg

Please let me know is there any way to play music through USB.

I dont know why the image is not visible in previous post.

Attaching the image

Attachments

• 15112010084.jpg
    15112010084.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 59
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back