Cold weather and car audio...

Bumpaholic

Hello folks im a newbie here i found the page while searching reasons car audio would lag in cold weather, in my car i have a 600w class D amplifyer running mids and highs and a 1200w class D monoblock running a kicker comp R 12 and a solo baric L5 12 in no they are not the same but are avtually really close but the solo baric tends to dig a bit deeper than the comp R but it ballances out and yes i am over 50 and i do get strange looks for my simi loud car audio design but it is what i have wanted since i was young and am now old enough to do it my point was that i noticed that early morning when i leave out the temperature is down around 35 to 40 degrees F but normally i run my volume at about 20 ( out of 40) but recently noticed it up atound 28 to 30 and wondering why it wasnt shaking the mirrors like it normaly does..

Hello folks im a newbie here i found the page while searching reasons car audio would lag in cold weather, in my car i have a 600w class D amplifyer running mids and highs and a 1200w class D monoblock running a kicker comp R 12 and a solo baric L5 12 in no they are not the same but are avtually really close but the solo baric tends to dig a bit deeper than the comp R but it ballances out and yes i am over 50 and i do get strange looks for my simi loud car audio design but it is what i have wanted since i was young and am now old enough to do it my point was that i noticed that early morning when i leave out the temperature is down around 35 to 40 degrees F but normally i run my volume at about 20 ( out of 40) but recently noticed it up atound 28 to 30 and wondering why it wasnt shaking the mirrors like it normaly does..

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back