• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Cartridge for Garrard

Join HiFiMART Telegram Channel for offers & deals

belsarer

Hi ,
Recently I got hold of a well working, 4 speed Garrard TT , integrated SS ( alas, no tubes!)preamp+ amp unit. The cartridge is not in such a good condition. Is there a way of getting NEW cartridge for this ?
Another question, some users claim that ceramic type cartridges damage LPs, because of their material & they were good only for shellac 78 rpms, is it true ?

belsarer

Thanks Redlag, I stay in Pune so difficult (not impossible) to do it.
But it is important to know which models of cartridge, stylus -Garrard originally supplied or which are found suitable by users when they tried different ones

Sanjay Khanna

Thanks Redlag, I stay in Pune so difficult (not impossible) to do it.
But it is important to know which models of cartridge, stylus -Garrard originally supplied or which are found suitable by users when they tried different ones

Hi Belsarer,
I have a Garrard TT which I have used for many years. If you let me know your model no, I can recommend a good cartridge for you. Cheers
Sanjay

belsarer

Hi Belsarer,
I have a Garrard TT which I have used for many years. If you let me know your model no, I can recommend a good cartridge for you. Cheers
Sanjay

The first one is Garrard 2025 and second one is Garrard 6.200C, I need stylus+cartridge for both. Thanks for your response

Mukundan

hi belsarer

Carts are available in chennai the ceramic ones.
Ronnet emi sonnet but i would suggest if you have a phonostage amp you can go in for audio technica hd 101 which can do a good job and that is available for Rs 1600 in chennai
Rgds
Mukundan

belsarer

hi belsarer

Carts are available in chennai the ceramic ones.
Ronnet emi sonnet but i would suggest if you have a phonostage amp you can go in for audio technica hd 101 which can do a good job and that is available for Rs 1600 in chennai
Rgds
Mukundan

Thanks, but which shop for Technica hd101 ?

Linear

I have a Garrard 6-300 TT. I am in bangalore, and need help is getting it fixed, as well as sourcing cartridges / needles (stylii) for the same. Desperate, as I have been hunting for a long long time now.