Howdy

Steelydanfan

Hello Community, I am Nishant and I live in Baroda, Gujarat. At various stages in life I have been an amateur guitarist, a home studio based recordist, a motorcyclist and eventually a civil engineer for living. Most of my free time goes into collecting vinyl LPs, analog gear and reading about great studio engineers and techniques. It has been so wonderful to know about the great engineers/minds over the years who were able to achieve unthinkable in sound recording and continue to give eternal joy over generations. The late great Roger Nichols has been my God in a way.

My current Setup is:

1. Garrard At-6 Turntable (1962) with AT 95Ex Cartridge. Original KS 400 cartridge to play 78 rpm Shellacs.
2. Behringer Phono Preamp
3. Audio Technica AT 120 LP Turntable with AT 95VM E and EN cartridges.
4. Art Pre DJ Phono Preamp
5. Yamaha RS 202 Stereo Receiver
6. Elac Debut 6.2 Bookshelf Speakers

Inspired by the recent Get Back documentary and the concepts applied by Peter Jackson in restoring the old audio takes of the Beatles in its originality like never heard before, I have been working on to increase the fidelity on some of my favorite Kishore Kumar songs. These projects are unlike Jhankar beats addition or re-recording with some additional instrumentation. My attempt is to improve the sonics of the existing recording in its absolute original form and bring forward various layers which got buried due inferior recording quality (because of the unavailibility of high quality mixing and mastering equipment) and rudimentary sound track mixing in mono, "Geet gaata hoon main" from Lal Patthar is an example.

Hopefully I will get to meet some like minded people here and just share the joy of music and the technology. :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello Community, I am Nishant and I live in Baroda, Gujarat. At various stages in life I have been an amateur guitarist, a home studio based recordist, a motorcyclist and eventually a civil engineer for living. Most of my free time goes into collecting vinyl LPs, analog gear and reading about great studio engineers and techniques. It has been so wonderful to know about the great engineers/minds over the years who were able to achieve unthinkable in sound recording and continue to give eternal joy over generations. The late great Roger Nichols has been my God in a way.

My current Setup is:

1. Garrard At-6 Turntable (1962) with AT 95Ex Cartridge. Original KS 400 cartridge to play 78 rpm Shellacs.

Inspired by the recent Get Back documentary and the concepts applied by Peter Jackson in restoring the old audio takes of the Beatles in its originality like never heard before, I have been working on to increase the fidelity on some of my favorite Kishore Kumar songs. These projects are unlike Jhankar beats addition or re-recording with some additional instrumentation. My attempt is to improve the sonics of the existing recording in its absolute original form and bring forward various layers which got buried due inferior recording quality (because of the unavailibility of high quality mixing and mastering equipment) and rudimentary sound track mixing in mono, "Geet gaata hoon main" from Lal Patthar is an example.

Hopefully I will get to meet some like minded people here and just share the joy of music and the technology. :)

Cheers.
Hi nishant ,
Most welcome to forum.

Regards
Aniket Das

My current Setup is:

Cheers.
Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back