CD 6003: Any User Reviews?

sound and music

Hi,

Are there any forum members using Marantz CD 6003? Any user reviews forthcoming?

Is it available in Indian markets?

I am keen to buy CD 6003. Though there are excellent reviews in various prominent international audio magazines such as What Hifi and others but I am also keen to know how users are finding it.

I own two Marantz CD 5001 (one in my living room and one in bedroom). Their headphone output quality is superb. I bought them in mid-2008 in India. Both are silver color and have been sparingly used. I am thinking of selling one of them. They are in mint conditions with original remote (I have not used marantz remote because I operate CD player through universal learning remote), original box, booklet. If forum members are interested they can pm me. Demos are possible in Delhi.

Hi,

Are there any forum members using Marantz CD 6003? Any user reviews forthcoming?

Is it available in Indian markets?

I am keen to buy CD 6003. Though there are excellent reviews in various prominent international audio magazines such as What Hifi and others but I am also keen to know how users are finding it.

I own two Marantz CD 5001 (one in my living room and one in bedroom).

Their headphone output quality is superb.

I bought them in mid-2008 in India. Both are silver color and have been sparingly used. I am thinking of selling one of them. They are in mint conditions with original remote (I have not used marantz remote because I operate CD player through universal learning remote), original box, booklet. If forum members are interested they can pm me. Demos are possible in Delhi.

Maybe, you didn't try some 600 ohm cans out of that jack. ;)

Just bought a Marantz CD 6003 in Singapore yesterday and lugged it to India. It is paired with my PM 7001 amplifier. Just waiting for the player to burn-in to comment on the sound. Was pleasantly surprised with the sound qual with my ipod connected.

Just bought a Marantz CD 6003 in Singapore yesterday and lugged it to India. It is paired with my PM 7001 amplifier. Just waiting for the player to burn-in to comment on the sound. Was pleasantly surprised with the sound qual with my ipod connected.

Nice ! would you be interested in an A/B comparison with CD6002? This will tell us the improvements made over previous version and if its worth the price .. :)

I can bring it to your place on a weekend :)

cheers

What speakers are you using with the PM7001? Can you review your system after the burn in is complete. Thanks

Pl. PM me in case you would like to make a comparison with the CD6002. Amp I use is the PM7001 and speakers are a german make called Acron - floor standing - uses d'apollito array. For kicks I use the diamond 9.1 as a second set of speakers (to quell the urge for a bookshelf at times !).

Not commenting on the sound quality as yet (although I am thoroghly enjoing it already), I am absolutely spellbound by the features of the USB input. I am able to slip in a USB and more importanly I can CONTROL by ipod with it. Which means that we can scan and search using the typical Ipod controls like album, artist etc with the remote itself. The letter size in the display is big enough and clear enough to be seen from a distance. So can sit on a couch and churn through the songs on the ipod without getting up.

Of course searching is just not as comfortable as on the ipod it still is quite a useful feature. Having set the display off to improve sound quality the system is intelligent enough to display the songs only during the start of each song and then go back to display off.

Plan to also analyse the difference between playing music though the computer using my external creative sound blaster and pushing through the CS4398.

Yeah, it would be really nice if someone could compare the sound quality of 6003 with 6002.

One query to the owners of 6003: I have got Segate External HDD with music ripped in MP3 format, will it work with 6003 through USB port? Some CD/DVD players often read data in pendrives but not in external HDDs.

Hello friends,
I want know if musicality only is taken into consideration (not built quality or technical specification), how CD 6003 performed against the old and reliable CD5001. Does it really worth the extra cost?
Regards,
Partho.

The Internet has reviews where the 6002 bested the 5001.

The 6003 has slightly more clarity in the upper frequencies than the 6002 which can sound just a tad diffused.

HTH
Regards

I am using CD5001 for last 2.5 years. I am very happy with it. I paid only Rs12800 for it (with bill). How much CD6003 costs officially? I have heard someone has purchased it at Rs.22000 (grey). Hope it will be a little cheaper in future.
Regards,
Partho.

Yes, I have been offered 6003 for 22K from someone based in Kerela. I think the official price would be around Rs. 25K.

I want to selloff my CD5001 (silver color) for 9K plus actual shipping. If interested, PM me.

Hello friends,
I want know if musicality only is taken into consideration (not built quality or technical specification), how CD 6003 performed against the old and reliable CD5001. Does it really worth the extra cost?
Regards,
Partho.

hi partho,

if one really has to compare the two cd players you mention, one would need two new pieces -

mechanical parts degrade over time and parts like the laser/lens and the rotating mechanism cannot be expected to hold up for many years

of course, the cd 6003 will outperfrom the old cd5001 - better to buy new cd 6003 than buy second hand cd5001

but if you can get hold of NOS (new old stock) cd5001 for rs. 5000/-
that will be much better than cd6003 as far as value for money is concerned.

regds

I am using CD5001 for last 2.5 years. I am very happy with it. I paid only Rs12800 for it (with bill). How much CD6003 costs officially? I have heard someone has purchased it at Rs.22000 (grey). Hope it will be a little cheaper in future.
Regards,
Partho.

Any idea what the dealer (with bill and warranty )price is in Chennai ?

Gobble, Cd6003 is only 12k in singapore?
Dayumn! Thats one hell of a price difference. Where in Singapore is this price available?
Titus

sound and music;97331Are there any forum members using Marantz CD 6003? Any user reviews forthcoming?[/QUOTE said:
It is 12K in singapore. Might as well buy flight tickets enjoy the ride and come back with it.

Hi guys,

I bought my CD 6003 from grey market in Chennai; cost me 19.2k

One of our forum members had recently purchased the stuff from S'pore for 12k.

Anyways, I was listening to my music for the past decade from a Sony 5 cd changer CDP C325M.

The upgrading bug had bit me a cpl of months ago (roughly the same time I joined the forum, exactly 2 months later to be precise) & I purchased the legendary Marnatz CD 63 Mk II from a used gear seller.

TThe 1st Cd I played was Another Brick in the Wall and I'm like; hey where is all the LFE?

Then my kids came around & said, hey dad now play our favourite & I played Taare Zamin Pe. he difference is like day & night.

I was zapped. My my, the detail that I was getting was so overwhelming, I was amazed that the source could make so much difference. In fact, I took it to Chennai Hifi meet, a week later.

Imdtly after the meet, since I was having issues with this CDP operations (some of the buttons were very hard) I visited the vendor and behold! I find a brand new Marnatz CD 6003.

I didn't waste time & paid the balance & took it home after spending some good time in the club.

Played Pink Floyd again. Oops, whats that bloated bass I'm listening??:confused::confused:

Next day evening, I came back from Office & auditioned the eqpt along with fellow forum member, Sashi.

1st 10 minutes, we were like, hey this CDP is just hype. During the period, we were also experimenting with various cds.

Past 10 minutes, the CDP opened up and very nicely at that.

There was wonderful detail and good, tight Bass. (I'm differing here with Dinyaar)

This CDP is very forward sounding and could sound a bit bright with certain Amps. Ex Denon.

I also took it along to audition Viren's SETs at Rajiv's place.

Folks, I've no hesitation in stating that the CDP has come out of Rajiv's place with flying colors.

Hope I've been able to answer some questions.This is a wonderful CDP that one could get on a shoe string budget (from hi-end gear's perspective:D)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back