CD and Vinyl Buying Online Source

Never tried buying through Discogs. Is it as safe as eBay? My experience with the latter is excellent. eBay has a well working rating model that ensures sellers take full responsibility of delays, damages, condition mismatches. They promptly process the refund. Does Discogs have similar protection?
Absolutely it is. I have bought soooo many LP's from there. Excellent quality. And very safe. U need to spend some time on the site. And play around a lil bit. Then see what titles are available with what buyer's and if they ship to India or not.

Never tried buying through Discogs. Is it as safe as eBay? My experience with the latter is excellent. eBay has a well working rating model that ensures sellers take full responsibility of delays, damages, condition mismatches. They promptly process the refund. Does Discogs have similar protection?
Since you pay by PayPal you automatically have buyer protection.

The issue I have with discogs.com is that you tend to buy more lps / cds so that the average shipping cost low. So inadvertently you tend to spend more than required and have a portion of collection that which was not top of your buy list .

Since you pay by PayPal you automatically have buyer protection.

The issue I have with discogs.com is that you tend to buy more lps / cds so that the average shipping cost low. So inadvertently you tend to spend more than required and have a portion of collection that which was not top of your buy list .

lol :) true that.

what i love about ebay/discogs - if you search right and find users and not bulk sellers; you can often hit a jackpot in terms of getting an insight on their collection, what do they listen to etc. it's amazing to discover new artists/genre or even that old 90's album that you forgot about.. like oracle mentioned, you may end up buying albums for various reasons, which you feel is completely justified :)

Cannot help with CDs - but here are my sources for vinyl

- Forum members :) - Some of my best used vinyl are from forum members who put up some for sale from their collections from time to time.

- vinylworld.in - They refresh their collection every Monday and Thursday. Good packaging. But the prices have gone through the roof now and I've stopped buying from them.

- musiccircle.online - Pilak Bhatt's online store, seems to be under renovation. If you're in Mumbai you can visit it yourself. Prices a bit high but if you are careful and have time you can find good stuff. Also see the other threads for other perspectives.

- discogs - never bought from them but heard good things.

- musicstack.com - bought plenty, has Paypal protection, stick to European sellers with high ratings. As oracle1974 mentioned above, it can be a lengthy process to find one seller who has all records you actually want (and not buy just to fill up the cart and save on shipping). This is mostly for Western music.

- snowrecords.com - Japanese site, great packaging and most records are underrated in terms of grading. Has a lot of Japanese pressings, LP grading is top class. They refresh once a week, have a sale going on always (~50-90%, but check the grading also)

- olx - Mostly filled with dealers who quote astronomical prices for badly maintained LPs. But I am putting it here as once in a while you find people who are selling off old collections at reasonable rates. But it's hard to find such cases. This is hit and miss as there is no grading.

- ebay.co.uk - Usually good packing from most sellers

- Amazon.co.uk - For new vinyl. Can be expensive but no issues with shipping and duty - both are managed by Amazon and included in the price.

- houseofrhythm.in - Bought a few from them, excellent packaging but higher prices than what you would pay on Amazon India, if it's available there.

- ngh.co.in - Sky high prices for old vinyl. I avoid but YMMV.

See also these threads for valuable insights from other FMs

Note: No affiliations to any stores mentioned.

Cannot help with CDs - but here are my sources for vinyl

- Forum members :) - Some of my best used vinyl are from forum members who put up some for sale from their collections from time to time.

- vinylworld.in - They refresh their collection every Monday and Thursday. Good packaging. But the prices have gone through the roof now and I've stopped buying from them.

- musiccircle.online - Pilak Bhatt's online store, seems to be under renovation. If you're in Mumbai you can visit it yourself. Prices a bit high but if you are careful and have time you can find good stuff. Also see the other threads for other perspectives.

- discogs - never bought from them but heard good things.

- musicstack.com - bought plenty, has Paypal protection, stick to European sellers with high ratings. As oracle1974 mentioned above, it can be a lengthy process to find one seller who has all records you actually want (and not buy just to fill up the cart and save on shipping). This is mostly for Western music.

- snowrecords.com - Japanese site, great packaging and most records are underrated in terms of grading. Has a lot of Japanese pressings, LP grading is top class. They refresh once a week, have a sale going on always (~50-90%, but check the grading also)

- olx - Mostly filled with dealers who quote astronomical prices for badly maintained LPs. But I am putting it here as once in a while you find people who are selling off old collections at reasonable rates. But it's hard to find such cases. This is hit and miss as there is no grading.

- ebay.co.uk - Usually good packing from most sellers

- Amazon.co.uk - For new vinyl. Can be expensive but no issues with shipping and duty - both are managed by Amazon and included in the price.

- houseofrhythm.in - Bought a few from them, excellent packaging but higher prices than what you would pay on Amazon India, if it's available there.

- ngh.co.in - Sky high prices for old vinyl. I avoid but YMMV.

See also these threads for valuable insights from other FMs

Note: No affiliations to any stores mentioned.
Thanks a lot @skroderider for extensive details about all the sources. Appreciate it.

Ah, snowrecords mentioned at last.
I had been wondering why no one seems to mention Japanese sites.
I bought once from snowrecords on a Japan visit. Great site. There are other Japanese sites as well. The Japanese do take extremely good care of their vinyl and their grading is extremely conservative.

Ah, snowrecords mentioned at last.
I had been wondering why no one seems to mention Japanese sites.
I bought once from snowrecords on a Japan visit. Great site. There are other Japanese sites as well. The Japanese do take extremely good care of their vinyl and their grading is extremely conservative.

there are many japanese sellers on ebay...vinylgarage being great for vinly and rock...their shipping price is great too...got beatles lp with obi and other lot of jazz titles from there...it is indeed a treat to buy from japan :)

there are many japanese sellers on ebay...vinylgarage being great for vinly and rock...their shipping price is great too...got beatles lp with obi and other lot of jazz titles from there...it is indeed a treat to buy from japan :)
That's great I love jazz and country rock

Great forum discussion and listing of places to buy vinyl records. This is my first post on this site/forum. I agree that the prices have been through the roof.
I was hoping to find more sites to find Indian vinyl records mainly tamil and some classical carnatic. if anyone is selling part of their collection, please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

Raj

Revolver club also has Vinyl, but never bought from them. Prices are on the higher side compared to ngh
#BEWARE #FALSEOFFERS #LIES

Shocked that TheRevolverClub offers 10% discount on ALL RECORDS FOR ETERNITY ...

However their staff has flatly REFUSED to honor this offer !! Shocked that brands make promises & blatantly renege on their commitment !!

I personally selected 15-20 vinyls to buy and when I asked about the offer, they first agreed and then did a complete about-turn and refused to give the discount.

VERY VERY SAD AND DISAPPOINTED AT THIS UNETHICAL BEHAVIOUR !!!

Attachments

• TRC.jpg
    TRC.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 35

Shocked that TheRevolverClub offers 10% discount on ALL RECORDS FOR ETERNITY ...

However their staff has flatly REFUSED to honor this offer !! Shocked that brands make promises & blatantly renege on their commitment !!

I personally selected 15-20 vinyls to buy and when I asked about the offer, they first agreed and then did a complete about-turn and refused to give the discount.

What reasoning did they give for refusing?

They have been doing unethical stuff for quite a long time now.

do you have the link where they give this offer ?

Did u sign up to be a "vinylhead" on their website ? I have never used TRC , since there are so many conflicting reviews about them .

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back