CD Boxes in India - Frustration !

Vivek Rao

Its been my unfortunate experience that the local CD boxes produced in India is really of low quality. Even new CDs have the side locks brocken and also the CD central catches brocken/damaged.
Recent releases of CDs even in India have a modified design where the side locks are reinforced and the inner designs are improved. This is the "Super Jewel box" - check out the link below. However these are not available as spares to buy. If anyone has any idea on where to get these it would be very useful to us.

Super Jewel Box - CD/DVD Packaging System

Are you open to CD/DVD Wallets? If so you get good sturdy ones at Reliance Digital.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=923750

If you only want CD Boxes then try Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=509344

I don't use CD Boxes much. I store all my CDs/DVDs and even PC s/w discs in such "wallets". I can store many and also easy to carry around. But I do listen to music on my PC having ripped all my CDs into FLACs but even otherwise you can use a wallet to store if if you listen to CDs daily.

Those jewel boxes are out. Nowadays the music companies use much better card board boxes that definitely last longer than plasticky jewel ones

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Vivek

I share the same frustration!! If anybody wants to go for a group buy for a bulk purchase in 100s I am game.

--G

Those available are as bad as the ones which you get when u buy a CD . I have purchased quite a lot of Transparent CD cases from Lamington Rd in Mumbai ..its the same story . But still prefer the same and would be buying more

The obvious benefit here is that both sides of the CD remain untouched even if there are cracks on the cover or the sides are broken .

Plastic ,Cardboard , Slim Jewel Cases ,CD Wallets , Spindle box all are good in terms of saving storage space ...but the CD goes for a toss over a period of time ...

Check all YRF music CD's - Rab ne Bana Di Jodi (which i have) - they use those Super Jewel Cases and those also break .

Make space ..buy those old style jewel cases ..store CD's Vertically and then it will not make much difference ..whether they crack or break on the sides . Avoid all those new storage options .

I have found another solution.

I buy blank DVDs for data backup or for sending large files by post or giving similar data by hand. Instead of buying cake boxes I buy DVDs which come in individual cases. They are costlier than those sold as stacks or 'cakes' but the total cost comes out to be less than 'a disc + a good cd case'.

The DVDs that I use or give away are given in envelopes or stored in stacks in a spindle case.

My problem is with the handful of double CD albums. Now those are type of cases I too am interested in buying.

I got 30-40 of DVD Jewel Boxx which are to be disposed of. They are Verbatim Dual layer DVD jewel box. The DVDs are made in Singapore and the boxes are of very good quality. If you were in my city I would just handed them to you.
This is the outer carton which includes 5 Jewel box.
5_Pack_Verbatim__4d8feb192f2f8.jpg

Last edited:
I got 30-40 of DVD Jewel Boxx which are to be disposed of. They are Verbatim Dual layer DVD jewel box. The DVDs are made in Singapore and the boxes are of very good quality. If you were in my city I would just handed them to you.

Start a 'For sale' thread and keep the price as zero if you want to. You just might find someone who will be ready to collect these from you.

As for me, I am looking for CD jewel boxes that can hold two compact discs.

I understand the frustration. I have found a simple solution.

I have located a store in Ritchie Street that sells blank jewel cases for roughly Rs.5 each. He only sells a carton of 50. Whenever a jewel case breaks, I just replace it with one from this. I have some 50 odd jewel cases left with me.

I am sure these are available in every city. If not, I am ready to buy 3-400 of them and send them to you guys.

Mind you quality is not too great. As long as you think of them as a disposable unit, you will be happy.

Cheers

You can get CD boxes in SP road. The shop I buy from is the first shop on the left when you turn towards Ashirwad computers from SP road.

Not great quality, but does the job.

i am tired of handling flimsy use and throw stuff that feels so cheap in the hands.
I demand quality!! :eek:hyeah:

i want the better ones.

--G

Does anyone know where in India one can one buy Dual CD jewel boxes ?
For me any quality is fine as long as the jewel boxes are new and intact.

Tell me which product "made in india" has quality and proper standarization ??

Tell me which product "made in india" has quality and proper standarization ??

Nothing in the last 100 years I guess... :eek:hyeah:

I think all the quality products are exported because of strict QC by foreign buyers. The rest are dumped on Indians. :lol:

--G

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back