CD vs FLAC. Which is better?

Thanks Naturelover.
Actually I downloaded a lossless version of a song of 1979 Tamil film from saregama website. Though I have the same song( since it is my favorite), purchased from iTunes and Nokia Music store( mp3 @256kbps), just to compare this song,yesterday downloaded from saregama site, their lossless version in wav format. When I played this file, I really surprised to hear the diff. in SQ, though it is expected when comparing a wav with aac/mp3. the lossless version has a clear HF as well as LF response with a good soundstage.

As everybody told, I too do not like the SQ of saregama CD which literally equals to a high mp3 file and that is the reason I stopped buying CDs nowadays.

regards

Flac uncompressed has one distinct advantage over .wav - support for metadata. So uncompressed .flac may not be such a dummy idea afterall.

so the best of both worlds essentially. its the metadata portability where flac scores over wav. If it was possible to permanently embed metadata into a wav file like it is with flac and enjoy the portability that this embedded metadata provides, flac would have died long ago..just my two cents

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back